About the Role:
Define and deliver the Voice & Data Networks (VDN) strategy and services, aligned with the business and IT strategies, and agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Manage relationships with suppliers and service providers, to deliver VDN services in line with agreed SLAs.
Manage all aspects of the VDN technical landscape, and responsible for the security, integrity and availability of the network and associated services.
Accountable for managing the delivery of consistent, appropriate, secure, cost-effective and high quality VDN services to the Business as per agreed SLAs.
Works closely with IT Executive Team to support the overall Infrastructure & Support Strategy and policies; the output of which constitutes a key element of the IT 3 Year plan.
Effectively leverages innovative technologies & solutions and vendor partnerships to define and implement the VDN strategy (including supporting policies and governance framework) in-line with overall IT strategy.
1. Creates and maintains the VDN strategy and plan (including funding requirements) to ensure appropriate provision of network services to the business as per agreed SLAs.
• VDN strategy document that is aligned to the overall Infrastructure and IT strategy
• A funded and agreed delivery plan for strategy execution with resource considerations and technology road-maps
• Service definitions and agreed SLAs
• KPIs to measure the SLAs and OLAs
2. Manages the delivery of the agreed VDN services to the business. Investigates diagnoses and resolves service outages and issues.
• Achievement of SLAs in terms of capacity, availability and quality; as defined in the Service Catalogue
• Delivery of the VDN elements of the IS/IT 3 Year Plan
• VDN resource management plan
3. Manages the Voice & data Networks Team (both internal and external resources)
• Clear team objectives and priorities, aligned to the VDN strategy
• Support the Competency Centre delivery model
• High performance levels achieved through recruiting and retaining a talented and motivated team with the requisite skills and knowledge to be effective
• Continuous feedback process, mentoring and coaching - both formal and informal
• Training and development plans for the team defined
• Measured 3rd party supplier relationships that bringing value, control and capability
• Networking to gain a high level of awareness of wider IT innovations, emerging technologies and trends and their potential applicability to the Business
4. Vendor management and governance
• A portfolio of vendor(s) selected and managed to deliver services as per business requirements
• Effective change control and performance management processes in place
5. Promote the Strategy & Vision
• VDN strategy, vision and plan promoted and embedded
• A coherent set of VDN roadmaps and transition plans for solutions
• A robust IT Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans
• Robust processes for the management of VDN related risks
6. Supports the management of budgets and delivery of services within agreed financial targets
• Manage and report the VDN budget and forecasts
• Compliant Opex and Capex budget
• Contribution to the development of continuous process improvement and cost reduction programme to lower total costs of the services provided
7. Out of hours incident management
• To provide out-of-hours support leadership for major incidents, working in conjunction with other nominated members of the out-of-hours support team
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
• Substantial experience in a variety of technical and/or service roles including experience in a VDN Management (or equivalent) role within an IT organisation
• Experienced in managing and leading teams of 5+
• Experienced in VDN architecture and strategy planning Proven Analytical Skills - essential for analysing incidents and root cause analysis
• Technical experience within Networks and Voice Technologies
• Architecture-level understanding of key technologies used by our client : MPLS/Internet, C/QoS, ISDN/SIP, Firewall’s, VPN; Traditional & Cloud Data Centre Networks, Video conference technologies, Juniper, Aruba, Cisco, Avaya, Zscaler,
• Planning/Organising Skills
• Ability to influence senior stakeholders
• Ability to influence/negotiate with Suppliers
• Ability to work to exceptionally tight deadlines
• Project management experience
• Be Bold – strong drive to improve service effectiveness, experience and efficiency
• Be Open – transparent approach to risk management, and continuous service improvement
• Act With Pace – ability to cut through process complexity and get things done
• Win Together – works well with suppliers and internal IT teams to prioritise and deliver
• Be Proud – communicates and celebrates successes across IT and is able to demonstrate the value of the IT for Britvic
• Be Disciplined – works to our client IT processes and provides accurate information to the IT management teams
• Educated to degree standard (or able to demonstrate the appropriate significant experience in an equivalent role).
• Product based certifications for voice and data (e.g. Cisco, Avaya)ITIL v3 Expert preferred; Practitioner required as a minimum
• Prince 2 awareness