1st Line Technical Support Specialist – Service Operations
You will be responsible for 1st line technical investigations, identifying and fixing the fault or engaging with the element owners, working to a resolution. You will be a single point of contact providing end-to-end Incident case ownership, keeping our internal stakeholders informed on progress and improving the customer experience. Continually reviewing best practices, following Speed, Simplicity and Trust across the end to end process of a Network Incident.
As a 1st Line Technical Support Specialist your main responsibilities will include:
• Prioritise and schedule incoming incidents and requests.
• Delivers reactive management, responding to support requests as per agreed priority Matrix and ensures all investigations are carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures.
• Utilising the available tools and systems (Mycom, Evenflow, Geoprobe, Touchpoint etc) investigate, identify and resolve customer faults through end to end ownership of the incident.
• Works collaboratively with others within team and also extended team members on the resolution of network issues. Displays sound judgement and makes effective, timely decisions. Checks for the completeness and reliability of information, takes decisions with appropriate speed. Ability to work under pressure and to manage own workload within guidelines.
• Displays strong stakeholder management skills, being able to review processes and making best practice decisions to improve standards where applicable,
• Provide timely response to the failure of a service as per agreed SLA’s.
• Communicate major problems to management, team members, and the user communities and product owners.
• Create and maintain technical document suppository including troubleshooting guides enabling easy fault investigation for the first line teams.
• Possibility of being part of a call out rota depending on skill sets.
As a 1st Line Technical Support Specialist your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• Working within a Telco or mobile operator
• Ability to develop original processes and procedures
• Ability to multitask, work on own initiative and work to tight deadlines
• Ability to network and develop strong internal relationships through good communication skills.
• Ability to collect and analyse data from the 2G, 3G and 4G networks in order to aid in diagnosing a network fault
• Excellent understanding of troubleshooting methodologies.
• Experience of working in all tiers of a first and second line fault finding team investigating service issues
• Excellent understanding of 2G/3G Voice
• Good knowledge of SS7 & Sigtran Protocols
• Thorough knowledge of core switching network, including MSC’s, MGW’s, SGW’s.
• Excellent knowledge of 2G/3G Data Control and User plane flows
• Thorough understanding of portfolio, including MMS, SMS, Internet Access
• Significant experience of working on Telco networks using own initiative.
• Significant operational experience of IT/Telecom support
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
‘Please note that all candidates are to hold a valid Security Clearance (SC) you will be subject to baseline security checks and we reserve the right to terminate employees that do not meet our minimum vetting requirements’