Asset Retire Engineer- Tier 1 Tester
This position is an entry level opportunity in a rapidly growing IT services and consulting company. The candidate will be trained to process all items at Tier 1 level within the Asset Retire department.
• ITLM Auditing.
• Tier 1 testing of customer assets.
• Unload audits received, warehouse duties.
• Shredding, Inventory collections and deliveries.
• General housekeeping, compliance and safety.
• Data/ Media processing including erasure.
• Hardware / Software knowledge.
• Warehouse Knowledge preferred.
• Advanced PC skills using Microsoft products.
• Able to work on own initiative.
• Health and safety and electrical safety awareness.
• Standard Laptop's, Monitor, PC's & Workstations. (POST/IN BUILT DIAGNOSTICS)
• Standard x86/x64 Server technologies. (HP/Dell/IBM)
• General layout and components. Standard cards and features
• Looking for/recognising media. / data.
• Clearing BIOS/UEFI SP/iLOM/ALOM/SC/RSC/BMC...
• Basic electrical safety.
• Basic fault analysis.
• Grading quality
• Using Blancco. Wipe methods.
Communicate with engineering department as required for testing information.
Assist with Asset sales stock checks and reports. Assist with WEEE stock .
Advise the management team immediately if any problems connected to any of the items listed occur that have an impact on the business.