JOB DESCRIPTION: Bus Mechanic - Australia
· To ensure all vehicles including the fleet of buses and ancillary vehicles are thoroughly maintained through regular repairs, services and safety checks.
· Road testing of vehicles as required.
· Service and maintenance of machinery and equipment relevant to the operation of the fleet
· Attending vehicle and/or equipment breakdown, both on and off site. This may be requested outside of normal rostered hours.
· Close liaison with Operations staff to ensure adherence to vehicle maintenance schedules.
· Other relevant duties as directed by line manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
· Recognised qualification in Heavy/PSV Vehicle Mechanics
· PSV or HGV license holder
· VOSA authorised Tester/Examiner (highly desirable)
· At least 5 years experience working on PSV, preferably powered by Mercedes.
· Ability to maintain effective working relationships.
· Demonstrate leadership skills.
· Ability to work autonomously, and as part of a team.
· To effectively and efficiently implement company policy at all times.
· To respect confidentiality of company and staff matters that you become privy to during your employment
· Ability to continue improvement of working relationships and reliability through open and effective communications.
· To ensure that the Fleet is presented in the most professional manner at all times and that presentation standards are met as a minimum standard.
· To efficiently and effectively utilise your workdays and assist others in the same cause.
· To efficiently and effectively utilise all hours worked.
· Actively promote HSESQ and ensure these systems are adhered to.
· Observe and adhere to Company environmental standards and procedures.
· $AUD50 per hour (£33.50)
· Relocation assistance to include Visas, flights, etc
· Orientation / settlement services