This role is specifically for military personnel who are in the process of leaving the Armed Forces or those individuals who have just left. References will be required for this role.
Our client is looking to employ a loyal experienced chauffeur with the utmost dedication to their duties, providing a CV and Cover letter that reflects experience within a similar position. Your main role is to provide a reliable and safe driving service to the Chief Executive (CEO) of the Organisation and other high ranking officials and visitors, as may be required.
You will need to show a love of dogs because the CEO's dog travels with him on a daily basis. This is a key part to the selection process and is one of the main stipulations.
A background in personal security alongside your SIA qualification is a plus.
Using an official vehicle you are to collect the Chief Executive (CEO) of a major organisation from his home and transport him to his place of work. You are to pay special attention to safety and security whilst driving the CEO to/from engagements outside the office. You will also be tasked to drive other high ranking officials as necessary to/from airport and other locations.
The successful candidate will also be required to carry out daily tasks at the office whilst not driving, such as handle deliveries, liaise with contractors and give assistance in regards to manual tasks (e.g. moving furniture and equipment).
• Act as official driver to Dignitaries and VIP
• Responsible for the daily tasks ensuring that the official vehicle is safe, legal and in pristine condition at all times.
• Ensure cost-savings through proper use of vehicle and maintain all aspects of vehicle maintenance plans and reports and to ensure that all legal documents are up-to-date i.e. arrange routine maintenance, servicing and any necessary major repairs (a corporate credit card will be provided)
• Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the car through regular cleaning and washing, checking of oil, tyres, brakes and fluid levels in order to keep the vehicle in good running condition at all times. You will also be responsible for payment of the Congestion Charge and all parking charges are paid accordingly.
• To maintain and ensure that all of the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, Office directory, map of the city, first aid kit and all necessary spare parts.
• Punctuality, reliability and a high sense of responsibility.
• Service-orientated approach, courteous, professional appearance and manner along with a positive attitude.
• Ability to effectively manage time, work long hours at short notice.
• Work in harmony with staff members and delegates in an international and multicultural environment.
• Tact and absolute discretion.
• Excellent knowledge of London and within the M25 including knowledge of current UK driving rules and regulations.
• A full, valid and clean UK driving license is required. Copies will need to be forwarded.
• RoSPA Advanced Driving Test or equivalent, formal qualification and experience in protective driving techniques is highly desirable
• Chauffer protocols and courtesies and skills in minor vehicle repairs would be an advantage.