Cognos BI Manager - Cognos, SQL, BI - Greater London - £60,000 - £65,000 + bonus & excellent benefits
Candidate Key words - Cognos, BI, Business Intelligence, DataManager (ETL), Framework Manager, Report Writer, Analysis Studio, Query, SQL, Development, Manager, Management dashboards, BI Analytics, Operational BI
Commutable from - Watford, Uxbridge, Harrow, Wembly, Greater London
A Cognos BI Manager is required for a leading specialist pharmaceutical company based on the outskirts of London. The Cognos BI Manager is a hands-on developer and manager role that will provide technical and project management leadership conducting development, administration, and implementation of the Cognos Business Intelligence solutions and related products that meet business expectations.
The main responsibilities of this role will be to -
* Provide overall technical and business guidance for the usage of Cognos tools and related software.
* Define and maintain Cognos architecture, security processes, standards, procedures, and best practices for Cognos usage.
* Architect and optimise the Cognos BI presentation layer in the data warehouse implementations, tailoring solutions for Management dashboards, BI Analytics or Operational BI. Develop and document a roadmap through collaboration with the data management and functional business teams.
* Assist in solving technical and performance problems within the technical infrastructure.
* Participate in providing gap analysis, from a technical perspective, highlighting current state, future state, stakeholder needs, best practices and competition.
* Develop and manage Cognos BI presentation layer training, and documentation.
* Follow SDLC discipline and project management practices and processes while delivering BI projects.
* Lead BI resources to achieve projects deliverables in the area of expertise, to conclusion of a project phase.
* Engagement with the Business to gain complete understanding of requirements in relation to business processes and data, ensuring that solutions within BI are fit for purpose.
* Provide leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
Ideally the Cognos BI manager will have related experience in a development / Management role and will have the following technical skills & experience-
* Experience in the following applications is essential, DataManager (ETL), Framework Manager, Report Writer, Analysis Studio, Query, SQL
* Expertise in developing standards, procedures, and best practices for Cognos usage.
* Expertise in maintaining, developing and implementing Enterprise Cognos Business Intelligence architecture, security plans and processes.
* Understanding of operational and analytical BI requirements and a strong knowledge of relational and multi-dimensional database architectures.
* Experience in designing and implementing intuitive analytical solutions, business scorecards and management dashboards.
* Proficiency in conducting Cognos Administration, Cognos installs and fix pack upgrades.
* Excellent data analysis skills using SQL.
* Experience in developing complex relational and Framework Manager models (cubes) , maintaining data sources, building packages, managing folders, implementing parameter maps; developing and performance tuning of reporting queries against relational and OLAP data sources.
* Experience with Transformer, and PowerPlay is a plus.
* ERP knowledge ideally Oracle E1 would be a distinct advantage.
Cognos BI Manager Job Summary:
* Full time
* Salary - up to £65,000 + Bonus (dependant on experience)
* Location - Greater London
* Commutable from - Watford, Uxbridge, Harrow, Wembly, Greater London
For more details please apply for an initial call back regarding the role / your experience.