We have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Manager for one of the UK’s most dynamic award winning business delivering sustainable solutions for the design, building and maintenance of the UK’s transport infrastructure ensuring that the Processes operate efficiently within cost, productivity, Quality and Health, Safety and Environment targets.
We are now recruiting for a motivated individual to join our team as a Commercial Manager. As part of your role, you will be responsible for commercial management of strategic projects from inception through to completion.
When applying for this post, please note that Rowfant and Birmingham based posts are subject to change and the role may be site based.
• Working with the Project Manager, the Commercial Manager has accountability for the commercial function within the project.
• Manage the commercial approach to key areas of risk and opportunity throughout the life of the project.
• Liaise with colleagues and assist senior members of management across the organisation and provide effective commercial advice.
• Undertake the commercial review of contract documents identifying contract obligations and risks.
• Ensure that the monthly commercial reports are produced on time and that the content of these is both accurate and up to date, reflecting known events.
• Proactively manager WIP and reserve provisions.
• Ensure subcontract payments are based on accurate valuation and are made on time.
• Ensure accurate records of site activities undertaken and events are maintained and collated for easy reference.
• Responsibility for change management and the valuation of variations/compensation events.
• Ensure that the commercial team comply with the commercial policy.
• In conjunction with the Procurement Manager, ensure subcontractors are procured in accordance with the commercial policy and the scope of works is clearly defined.
• Maintain a high level of awareness and knowledge of the industry in which the company operates in
• Support the company's ethos and mission by carrying out all duties to a high standard.
Skills & Qualifications required:
• A relevant commercial qualification with 5+ years of managerial experience in a commercial role.
• Experience on large scale construction and/or highways maintenance contracts.
• Proven analytical and negotiation skills.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to form strong working relationships quickly.
• Able to overcome challenges in a professional manner.
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to work towards deadlines.
• Flexible with a willingness to travel across the UK to develop within the role.
• IT literate with a keen eye for detail.