To carry out cost build-ups and complete Tenders and quotations for one of the UK’s most ambitious, award winning business delivering sustainable solutions for the design, building and maintenance of the UK’s transport infrastructure.
Your position will be a Contract Estimator for the Specialist Surfacing Processes Business consisting of Surface Dressing, Fibredec, High Friction Surfacing, Recycling Processes and Micro surfacing works based at one of our main plants. To procure pre-tender supply and sub-contract rates from third parties as part of the cost build-up activity. To contribute to invoice preparation and contract review activities with operational staff.
• Working as part of a commercial team to carry out cost build-ups for all tenders/quotations.
• To liaise and develop long term relationships with others as required To liaise well with all members of the Commercial and Work Winning teams
• To maintain an up to date awareness of activities and standards within Colas' business sectors
• To demonstrate appropriate experience, training and qualifications for the post.
• To carry out all duties and responsibilities in a manner that supports the Company Vision and Mission.
• To carry out all duties and responsibilities in a manner that visibly underpins the company's values and beliefs.
• To perform the purchasing function, in order to obtain supply and sub-contract rates for submissions.
• To have close liaison with Operations Managers to ensure smooth running of contracts
• To work closely with the Commercial Team and operational staff to ensure delivery of the tender proposals through secured
• To have involvement with operations staff to complete invoicing activity in line with bids.
• To liaise with clients to secure best position for the company.
• To liaise with sub-contractors to ensure compliance with company safety and environment policy and quality standards.
• To assist the Operational managers in the preparation of annual revenue budgets.
• To work closely with the Estimating Team to continuously improve the estimating service through innovation, lessons learned and best practice knowledge supported by demonstrable evidence of such improvement.
Skills & Qualifications required:
• Degree, HND or HNC in Civil Engineering or similar.
• Experience of estimating in the highways contracting market,
• Organisational skills
• Ability to work under pressure of deadlines.
• Ability to work independently when required but also as part of the Processes Commercial Team is important.