Your position will be a Contracts Supervisor position for one of the UK’s most dynamic award winning business delivering sustainable solutions for the design, building and maintenance of the UK’s transport infrastructure ensuring that the Processes operate efficiently within cost, productivity, Quality and Health, Safety and Environment targets.
To supervise and control crews and sub-contractors undertaking both carriageway and footway Micro-asphalt contracts in order to achieve or better productivity and cost levels. To ensure Safety, Quality and Environmental targets are met.
• To effectively supervise ongoing carriageway and footway contracts
• To provide all necessary information to foremen to enable contacts to proceed efficiently.
• To carry out and agree final measures with clients prior to the submission of invoices.
• To regularly review contracts to ensure budgeted margins are achieved.
• To carry out accurate site inspections prior to the submission of tenders/quotations.
• To ensure all work is carried out to company Safety, Environment and Quality standards
• To ensure regular Safety Meetings are held with operatives.
• To carry out the minimum numbers of Safety audits as laid down by line management.
• To liaise with Sub-contractors to ensure their strict adherence to the Company Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Quality Standards.
• To understand and adhere to the COSHH regulations
• To ensure compliance with Company administrative procedures.
• To ensure compliance with the Company's financial authorities.
• To ensure that Quality Assurance procedures are understood and followed
• To monitor remedial works and identify and eliminate causes of failure.
• To carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by your line manager.
Skills & Qualifications required:
• Time Management
• Excellent communication and liaison skills
• IT Literate may be beneficial.
• Full, clean driving licence
• Professional qualification min NVQ3 Highway Maintenance or ONC
• A Full understanding of carriageway and footway contracting activities
• Strong commercial and contractual awareness