Cyber Development Engineer - Ipswich
Our team works on full-lifecycle development and you will design, develop, test and deploy software and security applications. Applications research and development in GES is wide and varied, and ranges from large data-bases to mobile applications in support of anti-cyber-crime, threats to our national infrastructure. Our current research underpins a varied delivery programme of bespoke network, security and software engineering solutions in those specialist areas. We are currently recruiting for our offices in Ipswich and Cheltenham.
Our portfolio of work areas include:
• Technical assistance in support of internal Cyber Defence programme relating to Information Assurance, Network Integrity and Corporate Security activities.
• Technical assistance to customers in delivering Cyber Defence through Managed Security Solutions.
• Management of Global obligations for Data Disclosure on behalf of client.
Owning strategic partnership with CEOP (the Child Exploitation and On Line Protection Centre) as part of clients corporate social responsibility.
• Undertaking bespoke R&D in support of the preceding activities.
We’re looking for technically skilled people who are passionate about making a difference and whose career is more a vocation than just a 9 to 5 job. If this is you and you have a solid academic background to graduate equivalent level in computer science or software engineering as well as skills and experience in one or more of the areas identified below, apply now.
• C, C++ preferably in a real-time context,
• Java, SQL and Web development,
• IP based communications protocols and networks,
• iPhone/Qt/Android mobile development platforms,
• Encryption and Cyber security,
• E-mail protocols/applications, HTTP,
• IVV&T, systems integration and systems engineering practice,
• Experience of J2EE development including experience of Weblogic, Spring, Hibernate and EJB technologies.
• Experience in Continuous Integration and agile development environments
You may be required to travel frequently within the UK and on occasions internationally.
APPOINTMENT TO THIS POST IS SUBJECT TO THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE GAINING AND MAINTAINING APPROPRIATE SECURITY CLEARANCE.