About the Role:
The purpose of the role is to work within the company's IT function, analysing requirements and working on the delivery of solutions in alignment with the functional roadmaps and IT standards.
The role holder will work with key stakeholders in the business and IT to develop and deliver the data strategy, principles and models related to the key data domains within the company.
The role will be part of the Information team in the IT Delivery team.
• Has confidence and credibility within the business to be seen as an SME in given functional area
• Builds and maintains networks within the relevant business functions to promote the use or enhancement of the group template
• Inspires and drives consultants to deliver quality solutions at pace
• Provides thought leadership to shape future direction within the core functional area
• Takes ownership – ensures that gaps in responsibility are closed, and overlaps eliminated; taking the responsibility necessary to meet business goals
Enabling data design and strategy within company data domains
• Elicits stakeholder requirements during shaping phase to develop scope and high level plan for solution design
• Creates and leads virtual teams through fit gap activity in order to facilitate solution led business process and technical design. Where a new solution is required, drives the collation of business requirements
• Responsible for architecting the data/technology on solution led implementations
• Ensures the relevant processes and solution design deliverables are created including a plan for the build of the solution
• Provides support and coaching to the business project team to support the development of the business change plan associated with the new processes
• Governs and guides technical delivery of project \ program to ensure compliance with technical standards, vision and group template.
• Drive the business forward – proactively look for innovative ideas/products to help the business to succeed.
• Facilitate and QA’s 3rd party solution designs ensuring they are fit for purpose
• To build knowledge of existing data domains and processes for consideration in new designs.
• Owns the creation of requirements documents for architectural governance
• Actively builds knowledge of industry best practice to identify opportunities to drive future business value.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
• Proven work experience as a Data Architect, Data Scientist or Data Analyst.
• Knowledge of data warehouses and Business Intelligence systems
• Knowledge of Architectural design and application delivery
• Understanding of data and information flows within an organisation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Familiar with facilitation, workshop, requirements management and testing methodologies
• Architectural standards and domain knowledge.
• Effectively sources and leads 3rd party resources, working with a variety of team structures and reporting lines
• Encourages and facilitates open communication and shares knowledge willingly
• Implements the vision and strategic principles as determined by the Competency Centre Manager
• Thinks differently, challenging conventional thinking to create the future and overcome barriers
• Empowers our people and encourages them to take risks in pursuit of our shared ambition and their personal goals with the right commercial and risk factors and considerations
Act with Pace
• Demonstrates cut-through and the ambition to do the right thing
• Cuts to the heart of the problem getting to solutions with creativity and speed
• Is always looking ahead
• Seizes opportunities to adapt and grow quickly
• Continuously improves how work gets done
• Is disciplined in thinking, decision making, action and follow through
• Has a deep personal accountability to shared and individual goals
• Holds others to account
• Takes commitments seriously and does what they say they will do
• Works with others in a way which demonstrates we’re in it together to beat the competition
• Builds relationships and partnerships underpinned by openness honesty and respect
• Supports and coaches others to get better
• Acts with integrity and responsibility
• Understands how their role makes an impact on consumers enjoying our brands everywhere
• Is open to new ideas and learning from each other
• Is open to personal learning and development continually improving and growing
Degree level / working towards or equivalent in IT related subject - Preferred