Location - Bracknell, day per week in Newbury
This role will suit a Delivery manager, Project manager, Team manager, or resource manager with at least 2 years demonstrable team leading and project management experience that has grown career from a technology background. We are seeking someone with the flexibility to both work within a project and also be able to lead a technical team. Experience of Project management, resource management and customer facing Telecom experience is most desirable
• Use of Microsoft applications including Excel, Visio, SharePoint and Project
• A good technical understanding of MS Windows domains, application packaging and deployment & Remote Access technologies, and have a broad high level knowledge of Office IT technologies
• A good high level understanding of networking concepts such as TCP/IP, VLANS, as well as network infrastructure, Firewalls, Proxy Servers etc
• Technical understanding (particularly Citrix /VDI solutions), able to comprehend technical issues and solutions.
• Well presented, articulate Confident and professional in approach, able to develop quickly trust in others.
• Disciplined prioritisation, time management and scheduling abilities - multi-tasking skills are essential.
• Full life cycle project management experience from project initiation to hand over and project closure with the ability to adapt to the customer’s chosen methodology and standards.
• Strong task and resource planning in a volatile matrix management environment.
• Strong risk and issue management skills with an eye on avoiding project issues through awareness, planning and forward thinking.
• Demonstrable understanding of project finances and budget management.
• Rigorous scope management and the ability to manage customer expectations, control change and negotiate compromise.
• Diligent project administration and reporting approach with very strong stakeholder communication skills.
• Solid estimating skills with the ability to contribute to project requirements assessment, estimating and planning.
• Take responsibility for the management of multiple concurrent projects under our provisioning Service.
• Act as owner of each project assignment from request to implementation and hand over into production and support.
• Manage technical and test resources in a matrix management environment.
• Take accountability for project planning, risk and issue management, resourcing and status reporting.
• Take accountability for both delivery of the solution to our client as well as our own commercial outcome on a fixed price basis.
• Act as interface between the client project and the citric provisioning service.
Other responsibilities may include:
• Taking responsibility for the tracking of team resources, prioritisation and resource conflict resolution between projects.
• Ensure the smooth running of all project allocations, initiations, reporting and outcomes.
• Be the deputy to the Citrix Service manager and/or other project managers
• Completing change management requests on behalf of projects
• Tracking lead projects through the customer’s lifecycle management processes to identify risk.
• Peer reviewing other project managers project plans and reports
• Performing other management and technical tasks that enhance project delivery