Experienced Design Engineers
£25,000 to £45,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Design Engineer from an aerospace, nuclear or oil & gas environment.
Do you live in a commutable distance of Plymouth?
An exciting and challenging opportunity exists for an experienced Design Engineer to join a leading marine engineering company. You will have experience in working as a Design Engineer in either an aerospace, nuclear or oil & gas environment. The successful candidate will need to be eligible for UK SC level security clearance.
You will be self motivated and able to work off your own initiative and communicate with other members of the team
The Role of the Design Engineer will include:
- Experience of working within a structural / mechanical engineering design role
- Competent use of 3D CAD preferably Inventor and to produce formal drawings to BS / EN standard
- The ability to provide calculations in Excel or Mathcad
- Awareness of heavy industry Health & Safety
The successful Design Engineer will need:
- Minimum of 2:1 honours degree in structural or mechanical engineering
- Experience of Finite Element Analysis and Autodesk or equivalent
- To be competent with all Microsoft Office packages
- Autodesk certification
- Experience of process system design to include ASME pipework and different types of pump and pump specification
- Experience with steel fabrication including weld specification
- previous experience in design in the subsea environment and sound understanding of fasteners
Design Engineer, Plymouth, 3D CAD, Autodesk, Aerospace, Nuclear, Oil & Gas