Driver/Chauffer for VIP
Salary: Approx. £20,866 net per annum plus excellent benefits, including Medical Insurance, Pension Scheme plus additional overtime approx. £10,000.00 per year
To provide a reliable and safe driving service to the Executive Head of the Organisation and other high ranking officials and visitors, as may be required.
This role is specifically for military personnel who are in the process of leaving the Armed Forces or those individuals who have just left. References will be required for this role.
Main purpose of role:
Using an official vehicle you are to collect the Chief Executive (CEO) of a major organisation from his home and transport him to his place of work. You are to pay special attention to safety and security whilst driving the CEO to/from engagements outside the office. You will also be tasked to drive other high ranking officials as necessary to/from airport and other locations. You will need to be available all day every day, except by prior arrangement and a clean criminal record is expected.
• Act as official driver to Dignitaries and VIP
• Responsible for the daily tasks ensuring that the official vehicle is safe, legal and in pristine condition at all times.
• Ensure cost-savings through proper use of vehicle and maintain all aspects of vehicle maintenance plans and reports and to ensure that all legal documents are up-to-date i.e. arrange routine maintenance, servicing and any necessary major repairs (a corporate credit card will be provided)
• Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the car through regular cleaning and washing, checking of oil, tyres, brakes and fluid levels in order to keep the vehicle in good running condition at all times. You will also be responsible for payment of the Congestion Charge and all parking charges are paid accordingly.
• To maintain and ensure that all of the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, Office directory, map of the city, first aid kit and all necessary spare parts
• Punctuality, reliability and a high sense of responsibility.
• Service-orientated approach, courteous, professional appearance and manner along with a positive attitude.
• Ability to effectively manage time, work long hours at short notice.
• Work in harmony with staff members and delegates in an international and multicultural environment.
• Tact and absolute discretion.
• Excellent knowledge of London and within the M25 including knowledge of current UK driving rules and regulations.
• A full, valid and clean UK driving license is required. Copies will need to be forwarded.
• RoSPA Advanced Driving Test or equivalent, formal qualification and experience in protective driving techniques is highly desirable
• Chauffer protocols and courtesies and skills in minor vehicle repairs would be an advantage.