Key Accountabilities :
· Plan, prioritise, schedule, and manage mechanical activities to rectify break-downs and malfunctions and minimise business disruptions on specific items of plant.
· Set up, manage and maintain the SAPPM maintenance management tool which is part of the SAP business management system. Provide training and support to human resources in the use of the SAPPM feedback reporting systems and SAP maintenance module(s).
· Devise engineering plans, contracts and produce maintenance schedules, plans and estimate the human resources, tools, and equipment needed to complete them in a timely manner.
· Devise and develop weekly scheduled maintenance plans, identifying critical path and all tasks associated with maintenance stoppages, to reduce downtime and maximise efficiency.
· Liaise with Mechanical and Electrical Engineers to review the existing preventative and planned maintenance work orders and update where appropriate.
· Monitor engineering contractor and ensure they work to site regulations and standards, submit RAs and Job method statements prior to any agreed work being undertaken.
· Issue and review all check sheets, update and maintain the feedback loop where necessary.
· Devise and develop detailed site wide engineering plans for annual maintenance stoppages.
· Provide engineering support on scheduled maintenance periods and holiday cover to maintain an efficient service.
· Support and assist both Electrical and Mechanical engineers on all aspects of plant maintenance.
· Devise and develop new systems for strategic maintenance, and monitor and act on feedback.
· Improve the monitoring, analysis and recording of plant breakdowns and failures.
· Assist in the process of reducing repetitive failures through continuous improvement.
· Promote Total Quality Management and Continuous Improvement.
· Analysis data contained within SAP to assist in identifying and designing out weak engineering that reduce the operating efficiency of the plant.
· The ability to draw and modify engineering drawings using Autocad.
· Work in a safe manner and have a proactive approach to all Health & Safety and environmental issues.
· Adapt /adopt the new methods of working and/or new technology the Company introduces and undergo training as the Company directs.
The candidate should have previous experience as a multi skilled engineer within a similar position and will be able to demonstrate both electrical and mechanical competence. As well as a very careful adherence to well-defined work where repeatable results are needed. Ideally, you will possess the following previous experience within a manufacturing/distribution environment.
§ Steel manufacturing knowledge.
§ Health & Safety legislation specific to Heavy Manufacturing.
§ Electrical knowledge of industrial IT systems.
§ Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
§ Proven track record in planning applications and systems.
§ Experience of computer based SAPPM systems.
§ Previous experience within heavy manufacturing industry.
§ Experience of TQM, 5S, TPM/lean manufacturing environment
§ Engineering degree.
§ Engineering qualification - ONC / HNC / NVQ
§ H&S Managing Safely qualifications.