Job Title: Front End Developer
Joining a new and growing team, as a Front End Developer, you will be encouraged to form strong relationships with your peers and other teams across Technology. We will expect you to understand and follow best practices in Front End standards and coding reviews. We are also looking for an enthusiasm for learning new skills and helping us to improve our working practices.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to join at a time of significant growth and investment in our digital products
What you’ll be doing:
• Develop new customer-facing features
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use
• Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
• Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
What we’ll expect from you:
• Proficient in web languages, including HTML5 & CSS3
• Proficient understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as SASS and/or LESS
• Proficient understanding of Responsive Design, Grid systems and/or CSS frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc…)
• Proficient understanding of code version tools, such as Git / Mercurial / SVN
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
• Experience integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages (JSP and/or PHP)
• Good understanding of Web Accessibility
• Good understanding of libraries and frameworks such as AngularJS, KnockoutJS, BackboneJS, ReactJS, Bower, etc.
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
• Basic knowledge of image authoring tools. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
Exposure to some of the following areas would be beneficial:
• Knowledge of Node.JS