Interim General Manager - £18- £19.50PH - 3 month contract
Candidate Key words - Retail, Management, Charity, General Manager, Retail Units, Strategy, operations, finance
Commutable from - Cardiff, Newport, Bridgend, Swansea, Bristol
Retail general Manager required for one of Wales biggest charities to cover a three month interim period with the possibility of a permanent role in the future. The primary purpose of this role is to maximise the profitability of the charities retail activities, ensure successful implementation of business plans and manage the efficient operation of the retail units so experience in these areas is essential.
The retail general manager will need a full understanding of the retail sector ideally within a charity background. The successful candidate will be responsible for -
* The delivery & implementation of business plans in the retail operation of the charity including budgetary control.
* Managing the retail network, recommending rationalisation and development where appropriate, including managing a programme of sourcing, negotiating and opening new shops.
* Being responsible for all aspects of property maintenance, utilities, leases and financial control
* Being responsible for sourcing suppliers and managing their relationship with the charities
* To be responsible for stock collection, sorting, distribution and logistics and the management of the warehouse
Other typical responsibilities for the retail general manager will include -
* Preparing a monthly report to the Director
* Source and manage merchandise for sale in shops.
* Managing the sourcing and distribution of second hand stock.
* Maximising the design potential of the shops and adhere to the brand guidelines.
* This role includes managing the day to day relationship with external agencies / in-house teams (recycling, shop fitters, etc.).
* To be responsible for recruiting, inducting, training, appraising and managing staff in the retail division.
*Qualified to degree level in Management, Finance and/or Marketing
*Proven Experience of General multi-site management within the retail
* Proven track record of operating at a strategic level
* Excellent communication and people management skills
This is an urgent requirement for the charity so any candidates with an immediate start date would be preferred.
Retail General Manager Job Summary:
* Full time, standard working hours
* 3 month contract (with the possibility of a full time position)
* Salary - up to £19.50PH
* Location - Cardiff
* Commutable from - Cardiff, Newport, Bridgend, Swansea, Bristol
This is a fantastic role for the right candidate, for more details please apply for an initial callback regarding the role / your experience.