This role is specifically for military personnel who are in the process of leaving the Armed Forces or those individuals who have just left. References will be required for this role.
This section details the main responsibilities for this position. However, this is not a definitive list and a flexible approach to work duties is expected from all members of our team. You are responsible for;
1. Vehicle Checks
• Ensure daily checks on the safety of the vehicle are completed at the start of each shift.
• Ensure vehicle is fully fuelled before leaving site and that the information recorded is correct.
• Ensure all vehicle defects are reported to the Distribution Team Managers who will advise on the appropriate action to be taken.
• Ensure the tachygraphy clock is set correctly and timings reported in accordance with legislation.
• Ensure the tachygraphy envelope is accurately completed before handing in to the transport manager.
• Ensure all goods are loaded safely, strapped and secured prior to commencing deliveries, reporting any issues to the Distribution Team Managers.
• Ensure all empty pallets and any rubbish is segregated on the vehicle box before re-loading.
• Ensure sufficient supplies of bag covers for product protection are on the vehicle.
• Ensure vehicle keys are returned to the transport office at end of shift confirming all deliveries have been completed.
• Ensure accidents/incidents to self or vehicle are reported immediately to the Distribution Team Managers.
• Report any damages to the vehicle immediately.
2. Client Care
• Ensure client is informed of any future delays.
• Ensure a neat and tidy appearance and professional conduct is maintained at all times.
• Report any issues encountered with the client to the Distribution Team Manager and wait for guidance.
3. Delivery Procedures
• Ensure the vehicle is locked at all times when unattended.
• Observe speed limits and ensure you comply with ALL road traffic signs.
• Ensure the client is given the opportunity to check the goods delivered. All packaging must be removed from the client’s place of work.
• Ensure the client signs the delivery paperwork for proof of delivery.
4. Paperwork and Communication
• Check that delivery tickets correspond with the vehicle allocated and discuss any special instructions and report any discrepancies to the Distribution Team Manager.
• Report and discrepancies, damages or shortfalls in stock on the paperwork provided.
• Ensure a collection note has been issued prior to collection of merchandise.
• Ensure the reasons for failed deliveries are marked with the appropriate paperwork with photographic evidence submitted if required.
• Ensure disclaimers forms are issued if required.
5. Health & Safety
• Continuously review equipment and report any issues to the health and safety committee.
• Ensure operatives work in accordance with the Company's health and safety policy.
• Ensure that first aid kits are fully stocked at all times.
• Carry out other duties or tasks that maybe required consistent with the job role and grade.
• Complying with all legislative requirements, both as a general employee and as a Company health and safety representative.