Ex-Military - HGV Class 2 Driver required
This section details the main responsibilities for this position. However, this is not a definitive list and a flexible approach to work duties is expected from all members of our team. You are responsible for;
1. Vehicle Checks
• Ensure daily checks on the safety of the vehicle are completed at the start of each shift
• Ensure vehicle is fully fuelled before leaving site and that the information recorded is correct
• Ensure all vehicle defects are reported to the Distribution Team Managers who will advise on the appropriate action to be taken
• Ensure the tachograph clock is set correctly and timings reported in accordance with legislation
• Ensure the tachograph envelope is accurately completed before handing in to the transport manager
• Ensure all goods are loaded safely, strapped and secured prior to commencing deliveries, reporting any issues to the Distribution Team Managers
• Ensure all empty pallets and any rubbish is segregated on the vehicle box before re-loading
• Ensure sufficient supplies of bag covers for product protection are on the vehicle
• Ensure vehicle keys are returned to the transport office at end of shift confirming all deliveries have been completed
• Ensure accidents/incidents to self or vehicle are reported immediately to the Distribution Team Managers
• Report any damages to the vehicle immediately
2. Customer Care
• Ensure customers are contacted prior to 10.00 a.m. to advise of approximate time of arrival.
• Ensure customers informed of any future delays
• Ensure a neat and tidy appearance and professional conduct is maintained at all times
• Report any issues encountered at the customers home to the Distribution Team Manager and await for guidance
• Ensure care is taken when entering customer homes with attention paid to footwear protection
• Ensure the interior and exterior cleanliness of the cab and box
3. Delivery Procedures
• Ensure the vehicle is locked at all times when unattended
• Observe speed limits and ensure vehicle is parked safely near the customer’s property, compiling with road traffic signs.
• Ensure the customer is given the opportunity to check the goods delivered. All packaging, if removed, must be removed from the customer homer.
• Ensure the customer signs the delivery paperwork for proof of delivery
4. Paperwork and Communication
• Check that delivery tickets correspond with the vehicle allocated and discuss any special instructions and report any discrepancies to the Distribution Team Manager
• Report and discrepancies, damages or shortfalls in stock on the paperwork provided.
• Ensure a collection note has been issued prior to collection of merchandise
• Ensure the reason for return products are noted on the appropriate paperwork along with customer details and action required
• Ensure the reasons for failed deliveries are marked with the appropriate paperwork with photographic evidence submitted if required
• Ensure disclaimers forms are issued when required
5. Health & Safety
• Continuously review equipment and report any issues to the health and safety committee.
• Ensure operatives work in accordance with the Company's health and safety policy.
• Ensure that first aid kits are fully stocked at all times.
• Carry out other duties or tasks that maybe required consistent with the job role and grade
• Complying with all legislative requirements, both as a general employee and as a Company health and safety representative
42.5 Hours per week worked on a drop and finish basis.