Ex-Military - HGV Qualified Driver
OppOrecruitment are really pleased to work with this established company with Offices in both London and Watford in selecting experienced HGV drivers who have their CPC License and qualifications to picking up Skips but also qualified in the use of Tippers, Cranes and Grabbers. The ideal candidate will have had experience in driving 18 and 32 tonne Trucks, working as part of a Team to ensure that the end user is satisfied. It is a 5 1/2 working week including some Saturday morning work.
1. Vehicle Checks
• Ensure daily checks on the safety of the vehicle are completed at the start of each shift
• Ensure vehicle is fully fuelled before leaving site and that the information recorded is correct
• Ensure all vehicle defects are reported to the Distribution Team Managers who will advise on the appropriate action to be taken
• Ensure the tachograph clock is set correctly and timings reported in accordance with legislation
• Ensure the tachograph envelope is accurately completed before handing in to the transport manager
• Ensure all goods are loaded safely, strapped and secured prior to commencing deliveries, reporting any issues to the Distribution Team Managers
• Ensure all empty pallets and any rubbish is segregated on the vehicle box before re-loading
• Ensure sufficient supplies of bag covers for product protection are on the vehicle
• Ensure vehicle keys are returned to the transport office at end of shift confirming all deliveries have been completed
• Ensure accidents/incidents to self or vehicle are reported immediately to the Distribution Team Managers
• Report any damages to the vehicle immediately
2. Customer Care
• Ensure customers informed of any future delays
• Ensure a neat and tidy appearance and professional conduct is maintained at all times
• Report any issues encountered at the customers home to the Distribution Team Manager and await for guidance
• Ensure the interior and exterior cleanliness of the cab and box.
3. Health & Safety
• Continuously review equipment and report any issues to the health and safety committee.
• Ensure operatives work in accordance with the Company's health and safety policy.
• Ensure that first aid kits are fully stocked at all times.
• Carry out other duties or tasks that maybe required consistent with the job role and grade
• Complying with all legislative requirements, both as a general employee and as a Company health and safety representative
42.5 Hours per week worked on a drop and finish basis.