We are currently seeking an Internal Logistics Manager for a busy Heavy Manufacturer in Cardiff to Plan, direct, and monitor all supply and logistics activities to ensure a cost-effective flow of merchandise from suppliers to customers.
Outline of Duties:
· Manage day-to-day supply and logistics activities to maximise the efficiency, reliability, timeliness, and cost effectiveness of the organisation's supply chain. Activities may include: materials planning and control, procurement, inventory management, contractor services.
· Lead, direct, and control all supply and logistics policies, procedures, and activities to maximise the efficiency, reliability, timeliness, and cost effectiveness of the organisation's supply chain. Activities may include: materials planning and control,
· Develop and implement supply and logistics plans, schedules and procedures; allocate labour and capital resources to meet targets in areas such as transit and delivery times; inventory levels; purchasing, warehousing, and storage costs; and service standard.
· Liaise with functional and operational area managers (for example in customer service, sales and production planning) to ensure that supply and activities are integrated with other parts of the business.
· Evaluate, negotiate, and manage the most complex or strategically important supplier and vendor relationships to secure terms that are in the organisation's best interest.
· Select, and manage ongoing relationships with, major suppliers, vendors, or sub-contractors (for example suppliers, transport companies) to minimise costs and ensure the organisation receives satisfactory standards of service (for example, negotiating service agreements).
· Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop supply and logistics staff to ensure that resources are used effectively and that work schedules and targets are met.
· Directs and control logistics activities to ensure the efficient and economical utilisation of facilities for storing and distributing material goods (raw materials, finished products, tool and packaging materials).
· Ensure that incoming material is inspected for conformity with order specifications and checked for defects.
· Develop and recommend improvements in logistics practices to promote efficiency, faster service, and lower costs.
· Manage the logistics staff & contractor activities in line with their service agreements to ensure that the team's resources are used effectively and that work schedules and targets are met (for example, defining KPIs/ scorecard, contractor meetings).
· Monitor staff and contractors to ensure that all machines and equipment are operated in a safe manner.
· Work in a safe manner and have a proactive approach to all Health & Safety and environmental issues.
· Promote Total Quality Management and Continuous Improvement.
· Adapt /adopt the new methods of working and/or new technology the Company introduces and undergo training as the Company directs.
· Educated to degree level - Essential
· Qualification in Logistics /Supply Chain Management - Desirable
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.
· Previous experience of working in a logistics environment within manufacturing.
· Previous experience of managing contractors.
· Previous operational experience, dealing with multiply sites, understanding of distribution process and procedures, stock control, goods in and out etc.
· Delivering excellent customer service in a pressurised transport and logistics environment.
· Operating within a total quality/lean manufacturing environment.
· Analysis of service contracts and costs.
The candidate should have experience of working within a similar position managing a team and contractors to achieve the required deadlines in line with the specifications provided and have an awareness of health and safety requirements.
A driving licence is essential as travel to various sites will be required.
The position requires someone that can offer a flexible approach to the 40 hour a week contract. Salary dependant on experience
Successful applicants will be subject to pre interview online assessment tests.