This role is to support Portfolio, Programme and Project Managers in the delivery of IT infrastructure, and IT aspects of Business led projects in accordance with the clients’ agreed IT Operating Model, as well as taking ownership of small work streams / projects.
• Maintaining Project Plans and producing weekly status reports
• Updating Risks and Issues logs
• Understand and provide support of the infrastructure project budget processes
• Maintain and review project documents relevant to the portfolio / programme / projects
• Using a SAP system to create and maintain purchase orders
• Requesting changes for Non Production Environments on various applications and platforms
• Supporting project change management activities throughout the project life cycle via change requests and obtaining approvals
• To produce Communication Packs on larger Project / Programmes
• Provide updates to the PMO on quality gate deliverables
• Coordinate 3rd party suppliers in the following areas:
o Environment Build, OAT, Release Management and Change Management
• To Ensure that all processes and guidelines are followed
• Adhering to all financial and project governance processes
• Adherence to the IT Operating Models
• To identify, prioritise and process issues through to conclusion in a timely manner
• “Can Do” attitude
Essential skills and experience
• End to End Project Life Cycle, in particular experience in:
o Change Management
o Setting / Requesting Technical environments
o Release Management
o Issues / Defect Management
• Working in a Managed Services Environment
• Working with 3rd Party Suppliers
• Experience in utilising a mixture of platforms and integrated applications environments
Other Desirable Personal Attributes
• Competency in MS Office tools (including MS Project and SharePoint
• Understanding and operational understanding of ITIL-based change management
• Understanding and application of industry standard PRINCE2 methodology
• Ability to manage operational change and how this will affect project deliverables
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
• Ability to escalate issues into business areas, while ensuring others react promptly and efficiently to resolve risks / issues.
• Competent written and verbal communication skills.
• Self motivated, enthusiastic, flexible.
• Strong interpersonal skills with an obvious “can do” attitude
• Common sense and practical approach.
• Clear and professional
• Good team player