To manage end to end project delivery within the Infrastructure Project Delivery team working on-site at a customer’s site and occasionally in London office
IT infrastructure projects (servers, storage & networking) but also interfacing with applications development teams and other stakeholders.
The candidate will need to demonstrate a flexible but structured approach to Project Management. The successful candidate must have an excellent understanding and experience of working within a very structured full project lifecycle methodology. (Prince 2 or similar structured methodology) Client use’s an in-house ‘Operational Model’, which is structured into 9 stages with 7 quality gates. Demand management, Project Initiation (QG 1), Solution Discovery & mobilisation, High Level Design (QG 2), Systems Analysis & Specification, Detailed Design (QG 3), Build & test (QG 4 & 5), Deploy Solution (QG 6), Project Closure (QG 7).
The Project Manager will be responsible for the definition; documentation and safe execution of a portfolio of IT projects, actively participating in all phases. Detailed project plans on MS Project are mandatory, RAID logs mandatory, weekly project reporting and monthly budget reports are mandatory. This is a very structured environment in which projects are delivered to.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface at all levels of the organization including senior management
• Proactive, pragmatic and positive approach with a ‘will do’ rather than a ‘can do’ approach. Must be capable of moving projects forward with or without direct supervision if necessary
• Stakeholder management at both senior and lower organizational levels
• Risk analysis, risk management and mitigation
• Effective and accurate timescale and resource estimation and production of project plans
• Management of key deliverables in line with documented methodology
• Detailed and accurate management reporting and adherence to expected organizational standards
• In-depth experience of managing resources within a matrix environment
• Management and accountability for project budgets & related finances (including close management of Purchase Orders, goods receipting and invoicing)
• Participation in project related reviews and quality assurance procedures.
• Accountable for the successful implementation of projects to time and budget
• Responsible for the management of 3rd party and internal resources to effect work package delivery
• Motivated self-starter able to take ownership of deliverables
• A minimum of 3 years Project Management delivery within a structured organisation
• Understands basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
• Understands pricing model and billing principles and procedures.
• Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilization.
• Assures project legal documents are completed and signed.
• Identifies business development and "add-on" sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
• Leads proposal efforts including completing project scoping and LOE assessments.
• Effectively conveys our message in both written and verbal business development discussions.
• Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
• Holds regular status meetings with project team.
• Keeps project team informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
• Effectively communicates relevant project information to stakeholders
• Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
• Broad Technical understanding and experience particularly in IT infrastructure arena
• Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
• Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
• Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements.
• Excellent client facing skills.
• Awareness of Service Level Agreement’s (SLA’s).
• Thought leadership
• Self-motivated individual.
• Hardworking and dedicated team player.
• Ability to communicate at all levels.
• Well organised.
• Ability to work under pressure and to multi-task.
• Proactive and enthusiastic.
• Professionally presented.
• Strong interest in personal development.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Prince 2
• Managing Successful programs