OppO Recruitment has an exciting position within Central London to work at one of the most amazing venues as a Maintenance Technician. You will be an integral part of the maintenance team and work as the duty maintenance technician whilst on a shift roster to ensure all building services are functioning effectively. The right candidate for this position is someone who has a flexible and adaptable approach and ensure that all equipment, fixtures and fittings are in safe working order.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
1. Develop and maintain constructive working relationships with all staff, contractors and other agencies.
2. Work with the building maintenance team and external contractors to deliver services to the required quality, environmental and safety performance standards.
3. Undertake all planned maintenance tasks allocated in accordance with the current PPM’s and ensure the relevant documentation is completed for every task.
4. Carry out daily plant room and other checks and ensure that any malfunction or issues of concern are noted and reported to senior colleagues, and rectified as required.
5. Monitor the BMS and relevant internal IT systems to ensure that reactive fault reporting and rectification is undertaken within required timeframes.
6. Be deemed competent to undertake PAT testing, small electrical investigations and resolve such as change fuses, change lights etc.
7. Have an understanding of heating and ventilation and the ability to rectify small faults.
8. Have the ability and understanding of general building and the skills to carry out manual tasks to protect and improve the built and customer environment.
9. Ensure the workshop, workbenches and stores are kept in a clean and tidy condition, that all equipment is properly put away, and that stock levels are maintained at an appropriate level.
10. Assist with compliance on all relevant environmental, Health and Safety legislation whilst maintaining all required records and statutory compliance as appropriate.
11. Ensure that senior colleagues are advised of any building equipment or defect which could prejudice any of the companies operating licenses.
12. Undertake relevant HR processes including, notification of absence, holidays, training needs and completion of timesheets.
13. Take responsibility for good communications to enable the transmission of all relevant information to colleagues and management in a timely manner.
14. Present a pleasant, welcoming and helpful demeanor towards all customers of the casino and the clients of any other facility within the premises.
Health and Safety:
1. Be familiar with the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and ensure that all relevant rules and procedures are adhered to at all times.
2. Personally undertake Health and Safety and any other mandatory training to maintain the required levels of competence.
3. Ensure that any hazardous situation or accidents/incidents are reported and dealt with promptly in accordance with policy and legislation.
Skills and Qualifications:
1. Qualification in either electrical, mechanical or building services engineering.
2. IOSH or similar level of health and safety qualification.
3. Previous experience maintaining a building or estate.