OppO Recruitment is looking for Multi-Drop drivers, working with a large independent delivery organisation. They are a well-established and respected company whose clients range from contract cleaners, facilities management companies to end users such as nursing homes, schools, hotels etc.
We value our customers and strive to offer exemplary customer service, advice and ongoing training. The person we are seeking will preferably have the same values.
We are now recruiting for multi drop van drivers to deliver to businesses throughout the South East areas and London. As sales continue to grow - even in a difficult economic environment we are looking for good multi-drop delivery drivers.
Our drivers are tasked usually with a maximum of 25 drops per day although this can be less/ more depending on the size of the individual delivery. The deliveries are made to site and put away in some instances.
A route should be planned around the parcels you are expected to deliver or collect. Any priority (timed) parcels should be given priority. Routes are normally planned by splitting the parcels in postcode areas.
This section details the main responsibilities for this position. However, this is not a definitive list and a flexible approach to work duties is expected from all members of our team. You are responsible for;
1. Vehicle Checks
• Ensure daily checks on the safety of the vehicle are completed at the start of each shift.
• Ensure vehicle is fully fuelled before leaving site and that the information recorded is correct.
• Ensure all vehicle defects are reported to the Distribution Team Managers who will advise on the appropriate action to be taken.
• Ensure accidents/incidents to self or vehicle are reported immediately to the Distribution Team Managers.
• Report any damages to the vehicle immediately.
2. Customer Care
• Ensure a neat and tidy appearance and professional conduct is maintained at all times as you are the face of the company.
• Report any issues encountered at the clients place of work to the Distribution Team Manager and await for guidance.
• Ensure care is taken when entering client buildings with attention paid to footwear protection.
3. Delivery Procedures
• Ensure the vehicle is locked at all times when unattended.
• Observe speed limits and ensure vehicle is parked safely near the customer’s property, compiling with road traffic signs.
• Ensure the customer is given the opportunity to check the goods delivered. All packaging, if removed, must be removed and in some cases you may be required to place the stock in certain locations.
• Ensure the customer or department signs the delivery paperwork for proof of delivery.
4. Health & Safety
• Continuously review equipment and report any issues to the health and safety committee.
• Ensure operatives work in accordance with the Company's health and safety policy.
• Ensure that first aid kits are fully stocked at all times.
• Carry out other duties or tasks that maybe required consistent with the job role.
• Complying with all legislative requirements, both as a general employee and as a Company health and safety representative.