The Porters, generally act as point of contact for all residents. We are looking for a proactive individual who works well as part of a team or someone who can work independently in order to meet the changing demands of the front of house. The ideal candidate should have professional standards and excel at customer service.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
• To ensure that security is maintained at all times within and around the building. To take responsibility in a crisis and take appropriate action.
• To ensure that all staff are polite, positive and courteous.
• To ensure that the register of contractors entering and leaving the building is maintained.
• To monitor the presence of workmen around the building and supervise their activities to ensure
minimum disturbance to residents and damage to the building and its furnishings.
• To ensure that general telephone enquiries are logged.
• To deal with administrative matters relating to the management of the building and staff. To work
closely with the Managing Agents, keeping them well informed about events and issues which affect
• To be present at the porters desk when not otherwise engaged.
• To operate the CCTV security system.
• To maintain accurate records and reporting of any enquiries from tenants and dealing with
• To manage the daybook where all significant events and issues which arise at the building are
• The Porter is responsible for the reporting and monitoring ALL, Health & Safety issues.
• Whilst on duty you should be of tidy personal appearance, cleanly shaven and wearing the uniform provided.
• You should refrain from smoking, swearing or shouting, being under the influence of alcohol, behaving unsociably, watching television/other media, sleeping, eating or congregating with others at any time whilst you are on duty.
• You are expected to be courteous and helpful in all reasonable practical ways to all residents and under no circumstances to be rude even when there may have been provocation. In such circumstances the incident should be reported to the Managing Agents in writing.
• You should be particularly mindful to give assistance to elderly and infirm residents.
• Shifts are 12hrs a day, starting at 7am and finishing at 7pm.
• The position is 2 days on and 2 days off, Sunday coverage may be required 2 days per month, a 42 hour
• Salary: £17,472 per annum, 20 days holiday exclusive of entitlement to public/bank holidays.
• Pension: The successful candidate will be provided to access a stake holders pension scheme iaw