About The Job:
The Information Systems Division (ISD) is responsible for IT across ASDA. IT is critical to ASDA's business, supporting the day to day operations and underpinning our overall business change programme. Within ISD the Delivery Team is central to systems development and project delivery and it is within this area that a programme manager is needed to manage the portfolio of projects for the Logistics function. The role requires the colleague to work alongside our Customer Relationship Managers and business customers in prioritising and delivering each project within the portfolio. Ideally the successful candidate will have a strong programme management background within a supply chain systems area.
The Ins and Outs:
• Work with the PMO, CRM and Senior Management to set and agree the programme content to meet the Corporate Strategy/Mission.
• Input and develop an annual business plan
• Work alongside the ISD Design team to implement solutions.
• Develop project and programme proposals.
• Negotiate with both internal and external parties.
• Working alongside ISD Commercial, develop Requests for Proposals (RFP) for external services.
• Where needed, participate in negotiations with external service providers.
• Contribute to the development of ISD processes.
• Adhere to Asda project management best practice and ISDLC methodology.
• Ensure compliance with Global and In Country ISD standards.
• Manage both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects and programmes
• Prioritise project and programme activity to meet the overall business project objectives
• Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning
• Identify projects at risk and take effective leadership action in the recovery of timelines and customer expectations.
• Understand, prioritise and manage changes in scope – to timescales, costs, resourcing, 3rd parties
• Develop effective working relationships with 3rd party services providers to deliver greater business value.
• Manage the ISD elements of the programme’s budget on behalf of the programme and project sponsors.
• Work with the ISD Commercial team to manage 3rd party service provider contracts.
• Manage team costs in line with annual budgets and cost targets.
• Prepare and deliver regular project communications to all key stakeholders in line with ISDLC standards.
• Make recommendations to ensure the programmes progress in the right direction and ensure issues are resolved.
• Ensure personal KRA’s are in line with overall project delivery
• Define, obtain, allocate and lead resources required to meet agreed goals and prioritise.
• Inspire, mentor and motivate project team members and 3rd parties
• Manage the development of project managers and senior managers in line with agreed Coaching Contracts
• Recognise and reward effective team and individual performance
What you’ll need:
• Structured and logical thinker to enable decision making
• Honest and Frank about issues as well as successes
• Desire to succeed
• Resilient in the face of change
• Commercial and Business awareness, with particular respect to the ISD function
• Ability to build confidence and good working relationships with customers and stakeholders
• Strong Programme and / or Project Management skills, preferably from within IT Application Development environment and ideally with a recognised project management qualification (PMI being the standard at ASDA).
• Strong management, leadership and coaching skills.
• Influencing skills up to Exec level
• Excellent communication and presentation skills up to Exec level
• Excellent multiple supplier management skills
• Comfortable leading a multifunctional team, including 3rd party suppliers, and offshore development teams
• Escalate issues and concerns effectively
• Ability to coach, mentor and manage individual colleague performance
• Excellent conflict management
• Strong organisational, presentation, and customer service skills.
(Register and upload CV on site also to ensure you are notified when a suitable job has been added)