Your position will be as a Project Manager for one of the UK’s most dynamic award winning business delivering sustainable solutions for the design, building and maintenance of the UK’s transport infrastructure ensuring that the Processes operate efficiently within cost, productivity, Quality and Health, Safety and Environment targets.
To manage and direct sub-contractors and supply chain partners. Liaise with client representatives as appropriate.
• To ensure projects delivered on time, within budget and to programme
• To ensure that Contract agents and staff are aware of all relevant contract details, and their roles and responsibilities.
• Support the process of monthly reporting and Profit and loss are managed and KPI's are consistent and accurate.
• Ensure all business plans and processes are developed and necessary outputs are delivered.
• To ensure that you foster client development and maintain a good relationship with clients and customers.
• To minimise disputes.
• To have a high level of commercial awareness related to the works.
• To ensure that all work is carried out to Company Safety, Environmental, and Quality standards and to regularly communicate with staff and operatives on these matters.
• To carry out Safety Audits as laid down by line management.
• To liaise with sub-contractors, ensuring proper co-operation and co-ordination takes place between the various parties and to ensure their strict adherence of the Company Health, Safety and Environment Policy and Quality Standards.
• Ensure activity and/or substance-specific assessments under the COSHH regulations are made and communicated to those at risk.
• Ensure suitable protective equipment is provided, maintained and used.
• To co-operate with the Group Safety Department in the compilation and update of Safe Working Procedures for the process of which s/he is involved.
• To ensure that all Employees are properly trained and are fully conversant with the Company Procedures.
• To understand all commercial aspects of the operation and to be aware of competitors activities.
• To lead and coach the project team ensuring a highly motivated team.
• To ensure compliance with Company administrative procedures.
• To ensure compliance with the Company's Quality Assurance procedures.
• To provide operational support for tender submissions, including written plans, risk assessments etc.
• To carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by your Line Manager.
Experience and Skills
ONC, HNC or Degree in Civil Engineering
PRINCE2 qualification preferred
IOSH or equivalent health & safety qualification preferred
Member of Chartered Institute of Project Management or similar preferred
Experience in major civil projects
Experience in design & build projects
Requires strong commitment to Quality, Safety, Environment and CDM requirements
Excellent communication and liaison skills.
Previous Commercial Experience and budget control
Fine detail to programming and co-ordination of works with 3rd parties