Your position will be as a Project Manager for one of the UK’s most dynamic award winning business delivering sustainable solutions for the design, building and maintenance of the UK’s transport infrastructure ensuring that the Processes operate efficiently within cost, productivity, Quality and Health, Safety and Environment targets.
• Strategic input to support the companies bidding team, including but not restricted to the preparation of Resourced Programs and detailed methodology / logic reporting.
• Efficient management and utilisation of all business unit / company resource through planning and effective dialogue with the local delivery team.
• Ensure the safe and efficient running of all contracts to budget with responsibility for the financial performance of contracts.
• Maintain professional approach positively reflecting the image of the company.
• Maintain / develop good relations with all key and potential clients incorporating regular meeting and site visits.
• Be responsible for site safety by ensuring compliance to method statements and risk assessments using induction / tool box talks / appropriate use of PPE. Ensuring constant compliance to all applicable CDM regulations.
• Provide leadership, motivation and direction to all site personnel when acting as the Project Manager.
• Encourage operative understanding of the need for a flexible approach to their work and expectations to carry out other duties as deemed necessary to the business.
• Promote and encourage safety awareness in the business, encouraging a zero tolerance to unsafe acts and a zero target for LTIs.
• Undertake safety audits [24per annum] and toolbox talks [24per annum] as designated.
Experience and Skills:
• 5 years in a similar discipline on high speed road network
• Proven track record of resource / personnel management
• Working knowledge of current health and safety legislation and requirements
• Experience of working on MAC , ASC contracts
• Previous experience of NEC & ICE contract standards
• Full clean driving license
• Appropriate ONC/HNC/HND qualification in Construction / Civil Engineering
• IOSH Managing safety or equivalent
• Black CSCS card
• Membership of professional body ( CIOB, CIHT, IAT)