Project Manager in Engineering or Construction
Job Titles: Project Manager
Salary: £35,000+ plus car, plus extensive benefits
Contract type: Permanent
Reporting directly to the Head of Large Format Projects within the UK, the successful candidate will be the delivery focal point for a major international company ensuring both internal (Group Operations Director, Development Director and Business Development Team) and external (Landlords, including Corporate & LUL, Suppliers and contractors) key contacts are kept informed whilst maintain good working relationships with all departments.
Job Title: Project Manager in Engineering or Construction (Large Format)
Main purpose of role:
The successful candidate will project manage the construction, development, installation and upgrade of the Company’s advertising structures, including high profile LED screens, billboards, backlight and bespoke high value structures.
• Ensure structures are built to the design specification and ensuring that the Company’s and or Landlords - construction, quality and health & safety standards are implemented and complied with on all sites.
• To be the delivery focal point for their clients (internal and external).
• To pull together all key stakeholders (external and internal) ensuring a turn-key solution to projects.
• To gain suitable knowledge from internal and external contacts to ensure best in class delivery of Outdoor Media locations.
• To manage projects in line with the companies project process.
• To constantly challenge process to ensure projects are delivered best in class.
• To undertake works in compliance to CDM regulations.
• To review and authorise Method of Works Statements (MOWS), Risk Assessments (RA) and issue Permits to Work and to ensure their full compliance.
• Managing the construction phase of the project to ensure projected in-charge date is achieved.
• Ensure contractor H&S resources meet Company, project and legislative requirements, along with carrying out regular inspections of contractor performance in the field.
• Trouble shooting landlord issues on construction works and ensuring landlord relationships are well maintained.
• Ensuring that all sub-contractors are regularly inspected and audited for compliance with Company policies and to ensure best value is delivered at all times.
• Assisting the Head of Large Format Projects to identify opportunities for cost reduction through design, construction method, materials and volume discounts and with any other adhoc projects.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Development Executives / Managers and the Regional Operations departments.
• Compiling construction costs for Capex build proposals.
• To receipt all purchase orders in line with Finance deadlines.
• To attend regular team meetings and deal with all issues raised by acting upon minutes taken.
• Liaise with Operations Supervisors/Managers to improve overall H&S efficiency and ensure all operational practices comply with current health & safety regulations.
• To conduct monthly performance reviews with all contractors.
• Professional and strong communicator - both written and spoken; good presentation skills.
• A flexible approach to the role due to extensive travel around the UK portfolio required.
• Innovative and self-motivated; good time-management.
• Investigative and analytical skills.
• A clean current full driving licence.
• Degree in Engineering or Construction essential.
• Process agreeable - Understand the value of process & how it benefits all.
• Proven project management experience in civil engineering.
• Proven experience in managing contractors & project costs.
• Strong awareness of safety and quality principles.
• Qualified in occupational health and safety to IOSH and/ or NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent an advantage.
• Fully conversant with Microsoft Office.
• Conversant with H&S Management systems and aspects of risk management in a multi-site environment.
Service leaver attributes:
We have recently launched a new initiative, offering Civilian Work Attachments (CWA) to Service leavers. This program has exceptional support from some of the world’s leading organisations.
Please apply direct through the following link