We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Programmes Planner for one of the UK’s most dynamic award winning business delivering sustainable solutions for the design, building and maintenance of the UK’s transport infrastructure ensuring that the Processes operate efficiently within cost, productivity, Quality and Health, Safety and Environment targets.
We are now recruiting for a motivated individual to join our team as a Planner. As part of your role, you will be responsible for various duties that will maintain the company’s innovative service offering and implement effective planning solutions.
When applying for this post, please note that Rowfant and Birmingham based posts are subject to change and the role may be site based.
• Liaise with colleagues, senior members of management and external stakeholders to provide effective planning solutions.
• Liaison with client, project team, sub-contractors & suppliers to provide innovative approaches and methodologies tailored to specific opportunities.
• From first principles, develop and implement effective strategic planning solutions and approaches to support both bidding opportunities and operational businesses through robust planning procedures.
• Prepare, monitor, co-ordinate and maintain project programmes encompassing design, construction and commissioning of major civil engineering and infrastructure projects.
• Provide innovative solutions to overcome logistical / access challenges in a major project environment.
• Provide support to ensure that all programmes adhere to contractual requirements and that project programmes are correctly monitored during the entire project life cycle (planning through to execution).
• To support the development and implementation of technical, operational and qualitative solutions for bidding opportunities.
• Ensure that effective management practices are adhered to in accordance with company guidelines across the UK and internationally.
• Maintain a high level of knowledge and awareness of practices within the company’s business sectors.
• Continually develop an understanding of industry planning and programming practices.
• Co-ordinate and prepare project programmes for different business departments.
• Provide planning advice and resources to members of the organisation to support the delivery of a high quality service.
Skills & Qualifications required:
• Demonstrable experience and qualifications related to the post including minimum HNC Civil Engineering qualification.
• Proven experience in major project planning within the transport industry/airfields environment on an international basis.
• IT literate with extensive knowledge of planning software packages including MS Project and Primavera.
• Familiar with programme requirements developed under industry regulations and contract forms including NEC, ICE and JCT.
• Ability to utilise resources to identify bidding opportunities.
• Strong understanding and ability to overcome challenges in a professional manner.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Flexible with a willingness to travel across the UK to develop within the role.
A UK accredited degree in Civil Engineering and a formal qualification in Planning and Programming (MSP/Primavera) are not essential, but would be advantageous.
- See more at: http://www.colas.co.uk/careers/careers-at-colas/planner/#sthash.cpaJvNPb.dpuf