Quality Release Inspector
£ 20,000 salary/per annum
37.5 hours per week
· To operate as a fully approved Release Inspector, releasing and certifying material to customer orders and regulatory body requirements, and undertaking internal and external assessments to demonstrate competence in role.
· Participating in customer/regulatory body audits as necessary
· To interface technically with Production, CST, Sales, other company locations, and Laboratories in line with shipment plans and Customer requirements.
· To operate and utilise STAR and SAP functionality to document and assess material suitability.
· To ensure concession applications are correctly completed to customer specifications and entered onto STAR.
· To actively participate in improvement activities in CST/Inspection/laboratory/technical edit.
· Liaise with customers to answer customer queries regarding certification and re-release.
· To ensure data is entered into a database correctly to monitor and analyse yields.
· To release travellers for processing of material ensuring material is suitable for the customer order and the process route is correct.
· To update and generate quality procedures/standard operating procedures as necessary.
Specialist Training Required
· Titanium metallurgy and processing.
· Customer specific requirements.
· Quality Auditing and problem solving.
· STAR, SAP and MS Office applications.
· A level or HND qualified in scientific subjects.
· Methodical, organised, detail orientated, and PC literate.
· Knowledge of Continuous Improvement tools and techniques.