The Contracts Manager helps to secure Building and Refurbishment Contracts. You would manage projects through to completion, keeping them on time and within budget. You may be responsible for a single large project or a number of smaller ones. You would also be the main point of contact for Clients, Site Managers and Contractors throughout the life of the project.
· Attend client meetings to get a complete picture of their requirements
· Compile estimates, including budgets and schedule of works
· Contributing to work planning, and briefing project teams, contractors and suppliers.
· Agreeing any additional work to be done within set timescales.
· Preparing and presenting documents for tenders.
· Encourage seamless lines of communication between Office Visions and the Project Team and to provide a proactive and collaborative team approach to the Refurbishment Process.
· Report any matters arising during the Refurbishment Process, that may effect progress or add value to the Project.
· Oversee the day to day operations of the Site Project Teams and to provide a unified approach to the overall Refurbishment Process.
· Liaise with Supply Authorities and Specialist Sub Contractors at an early stage.
· Monitor progress, including proposed weekly progress meetings, to provide the timely release of information to ensure the Refurbishment Programme is achieved on time and within budget.
· Identify potential difficulties before they arise and co-ordinate the team to offer solutions in order to maintain the momentum of the Refurbishment Programme.
· Report and uphold Heath & Safety and any general Statutory Obligations on site, in conjunction with Office Visions Method Statements, Risk Assessments and Health and Safety Policy.
· To utilise the advice and experience of the Office Visions project team and to report relevant information back to the team, to ensure the desired and considered approach is taken to the Refurbishment Process.
· To co-ordinate the flow of information, drawings and technical specifications to ensure the works are executed in a precise and professional manner.
· Supervision and co-ordination of all sub contract work packages.
· To ensure that the specification and drawings are adhered to at all times.
· To ensure that the desired quality is achieved and to monitor the overall Installation Process.
The ideal candidate must have:
· Experience in estimating and managing projects ideally in internal office fit outs or modular partitioning
· Be confident and well presented
· Excellent organization skills
· Ability to work to tight deadlines and work under pressure
· Must be able to use Microsoft Word and Excel Spreadsheets to a high standard.
· Knowledge of CDM and Health and Safety procedures would be a major advantage