We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Estimator for one of the UK’s most dynamic award winning business delivering sustainable solutions for the design, building and maintenance of the UK’s transport infrastructure ensuring that the Processes operate efficiently within cost, productivity, Quality and Health, Safety and Environment targets.
We seek a proactive individual to join our team as an Estimator in areas across the UK. As part of your role, you will be responsible for various duties that will maintain the company’s innovative service offering and support our company values and beliefs.
• Responsible for building up estimate rates from first principals.
• Costing and allocation of preliminary resources and costs.
• Contributing to risk and opportunity registers as well as any other necessary commercial requirements whilst preparing the tender submission.
• Presenting estimating logic in tender adjudication and settlement meetings.
• Liaise with colleagues and support senior members of management across the organisation to produce effective estimating solutions.
• Develop and maintain long term relationships with external parties and stakeholders.
• Maximise all potential business leads and support internal departments with commercial activity.
• Maintain a high level of awareness and knowledge of the industry in which the company operates in.
• Support the company's ethos and mission by carrying out all duties to a high standard.
• Prepare tender submissions and financial reports to adhere to the company strategy.
• Enhance the effectiveness of the estimating service through focused performance indicators.
Experience and Skills:
• Demonstrable experience and qualifications related to the post - preferably to HND level .
• Proven analytical skills.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to form strong working relationships quickly.
• Ability to overcome challenges in a professional manner.
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to work towards deadlines.
• Flexible with a willingness to travel across the UK to develop within the role.
Travel is a must for this position so be expected to travel between Birmingham, Newcastle and Grantham.