Our client is pdating operating systems from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The organization requires a skilled project manager to assist an existing project team and transition up to 200,000 endpoints. The project manager must have proven and significant experience within banking or finance industries (regulated) and extensive experience in transitioning platforms at a global level in the physical and virtual desktop space.
• Responsible for the overall project and for the coordination of activity across all work streams.
• Ensures an effective, efficient and consolidated approach to implementation and migration activities.
• Assistance in defining migration strategy, planning for each work stream.
• Assessing, documenting and communicating project risks during DEV, UAT and Production rollout phases.
• Work with various stakeholders from junior to senior levels from with the IT organization, communications and various businesses.
• Communicate regular updates to all stakeholders throughout the implementation.
• Defining product communications, training approach and testing plans.
Skills and experience:
• Good organization skills with ability to maintain focus on tasks and provide results in line with agreed time scales
• Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
• Open and transparent, self-organized working style
• Positive attitude towards creating and maintaining project momentum
• Able to identify and take action to force the resolution of critical issues and risks
• Analytical skills, ability to understand technical solutions
• Ability to work for long periods unsupervised
• Experience with management and organization of external resources
• Ability to build trust and respect in challenging circumstances
• Excellent written and oral skills
• Full life-cycle project management experience from project initiation, planning and execution to project closure
• Project and resource planning and management
• Budget management, including forecasts and schedules
• Managing one or more projects and project teams
• Ability to manage stakeholders across multiple organizational levels
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Disciplined and structured approach to planning, risk, issue tracking and management
• Assessment and mitigation of risks & dependencies
• Running technical and non-technical projects
• Experience of using in-house project management tools as well as Microsoft Project
• Strong organizational awareness and orientation
• PRINCE2 practitioner (or equivalent) qualified
• Demonstrable experience of managing multi-million dollar IT Projects
• Ability to plan and deliver Infrastructure projects through the full project life cycle
• Desktop, Voice and Audio Visual project experience
• Understanding of IT Infrastructure related products and technologies
• Managing 3rd party and vendor relationships
• Financial Services/Technology experience