· Build, Deploy, and maintain technology infrastructure, providing operational support & stability by following and using the tools, policies, processes and procedures where available.
· Identify & Manage risks & issues within Unix and infrastructure services
· Exemplary and disciplined service management following agreed process & procedures, such as, but not limited to:
· Resolve Incidents impacting hosts or environment, and following up on root cause via Problem Management, liaising with additional internal/external groups when required, resulting in satisfactory resolution.
· Create, review, maintain and update documentation. Document & Publish fixes in central knowledge base, regularly re-evaluating processes and procedures.
· Responsibility for the planning and controlled execution of releases into the managed environment, following change control procedures.
· Ensuring customer satisfaction in service response and problem resolution.
· Proactive management and Enhancement of infrastructure and infrastructure services, such as, but not limited to:
· Work with global colleagues to provide globally consistent processes and procedures.
· Integrate and Interact with regional & global colleagues, providing innovative ideas. Evaluate, discuss, listen to and re-think ideas to move forwards in a productive manner. Active participation within and amongst teams and colleagues, providing constructive feedback when necessary.
· Identify areas for automation and scripting wherever possible.
· Help to identify opportunities for service/process improvement, synergies across the business and across infrastructure teams, and instigating & executing on initiatives.
· Input, Delivery and Execution of project related work, taking Ownership and providing technical expertise as appropriate.
• Knowledge of server hardware components and experience of troubleshooting hardware related issues.
• Knowledge of Server Operating Systems
• Understanding of Network Infrastructure
Detailed knowledge and expertise of Linux infrastructure and networking
Expertise with Volume management and file systems
Hardware configuration and modification (IBM)
Exposure and support of Storage environments (NetApp/EMC)
*Please note this contract runs till July 2015 and is subject to change*