Our prestigious banking client requires the following:
· Build, Deploy, and maintain technology infrastructure, providing operational stability by following and using the tools, policies, processes and procedures where available. Technology infrastructure includes, but is not limited to:
o Windows Server OS
o Microsoft features & services (Active Directory, WINS, DFS, GPO, IIS, Clustering, Print Services.
o Messaging Infrastructure (Microsoft Exchange, Enterprise Vault, Blackberry Enterprise Server.)
o Server hardware
o Scripting with Powershell
o Virtualisation infrastructure (VMWare & Citrix)
o Software Distribution and Maintenance (SCCM 2012)
o 3rd party Solutions (SafeCom, Rightfax)
· Exemplary and disciplined service management following agreed process & procedures, such as, but not limited to:
o Resolve Incidents impacting hosts or environment, and following up on root cause via Problem Management, liaising with additional internal/external groups when required, resulting in satisfactory resolution.
o Create, review, maintain and update documentation. Document & Publish fixes in central knowledge base, regularly re-evaluating processes and procedures.
o Responsibility for the planning and controlled execution of releases into the managed environment.
· Proactive management and Enhancement of infrastructure and infrastructure services, such as, but not limited to:
o Work with global colleagues to provide globally consistent processes and procedures.
o Integrate and Interact with regional & global colleagues, providing innovative ideas.
o Evaluate, discuss, listen to and re-think ideas to move forwards in a productive manner. Active participation within and amongst teams and colleagues, providing constructive feedback when necessary.
o Identify areas for automation and scripting wherever possible.
· Provide out-of-hours support escalation.
· Participate in an oncall & Shift rota
• Experience of Powershell/Automation techniques
• Knowledge of server hardware components and experience of troubleshooting hardware related issues.
• Good understanding of Server Operating Systems
• Good understanding of Virtualisation environments
• Understanding of Network Infrastructure
• MS Operating Systems up to Windows 2012 platform, and associated technologies.
• Knowledge of relevant Intel Computing technologies including SCCM, IBM Director
• Understanding of virtualisation technologies, for example - XenDesktop, XenApp, vCenter, ESX, HyperV, vSphere
• Multiple platform familiarity, e.g., Grid, Internet, Client/Server
• Advanced Scripting knowledge (Powershell)
• MS Exchange troubleshooting