This position is for Ex-Military personnel or Service Leavers.
The Heliot Steakhouse – one of the top 100 restaurants in London is looking for a talented Sous Chef to work at London's most exciting entertainment venue, who will be dedicated to the Heliot Steakhouse with a desire to move up the ranks. Your main duties would include preparing and presenting high quality dishes and ensuring correct procedures and recipes are followed. In addition to this you will assist the Head Chef in managing the sections and staff.
The Sous Chef supports the Head Chef in all operational aspects of the business. He/ She is second in command to the Head Chef, being responsible for carrying out the Head Chef’s requests and orders, on all day to day operations of the restaurant, production, staff and brand quality.
1. Executing and carrying the Head Chef’s requests and orders without questioning.
2. Ability to execute all positions on the line and help line staff when they get behind.
3. Execute and oversee the production of all menu items.
4. Complete understanding of work safety and emergency procedures.
5. Expedite orders correctly and efficiently to ensure smooth kitchen flow.
6. Fully understand the importance of and have the ability to utilize standard recipe cards and plating guides.
7. Ensuring all reach-ins and walk-ins are locked.
8. Perform line checks to include temperature checks of all refrigeration, rotation and dating of all foods, proper prep(taste), freshness and specials completed for the nights service.
9. Assisting with creation and execution of daily specials.
10. Implement closing duties for the runners, stewards, line/pantry cooks and ensure all duties are being completed.
11. Ensure all foods are up to our quality and standards, all specials are current with the seasons and trends, coach and train the staff to the brand of food.
12. Possess good maths and English skills for calculating, communicating, writing requisitions/ completing food inventories and for retrieving information as needed.
13. Work closely with staff to ensure that their respective jobs are being executed as per company guidelines.
14. Ensure A+ standards for kitchen cleanliness and follow all Health Department Guidelines to ensure proper food handling from the beginning to the end when the food is leaving the kitchen.
15. Attend all weekly management meetings and corporate meetings that are scheduled. Hold monthly mandatory kitchen meetings and address all issues that arise.
16. Assisting the chefs and coordinating with the purchaser with ordering on a daily basis.
17. Assisting the chefs with the scheduling on a weekly basis.
18. Prevent breakage by monitoring kitchen crew.
19. Inspire and motivate kitchen staff.
If you are passionate about food and can see yourself joining the Hippodrome Casino then this could be the role that you have been looking for.