SQL DBA / Developer ? DBA, SQL, Data Warehousing ? Cardiff ? £32,000 - £38,000 + Benefits
Candidate Key words ? SQL, DBA, Developer, 2005, 2008, database, SQL reporting, ETL, Data warehousing, Server Integration Services, Datasets
Commutable from ? Cardiff, Newport, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Bristol
A SQL DBA / developer is required to join a leading law firm in central Cardiff. Ideally the SQL DBA / developer will have a solid knowledge & experience of SQL 2005/2008 and will have experience of SQL Replication as well as managing SQL databases in a virtual environment.
The main responsibilities of this role will be to manage, maintain and support the Firm ?s database environments, ensuring the Firm ?s mission critical applications are healthy, available and optimised to minimise system downtime and reduce where possible, support tickets as well as participating in the development and support of a wide range of business applications for which the team have responsibility ? the successful candidate will have no direct reports but will coach and advise more junior members of the team where appropriate.
Ideally you will have previous commercial experience as a SQL DBA / developer and will be expected to -
* Have a good working knowledge of SQL monitoring / management tools
* Be able to demonstrate experience relating to performance tuning and analysis of SQL server instances.
* Be proficient with SQL Server Reporting Services, ETL and Data Warehousing and will be required to assist in the development and management of reports as well as data sets.
* Be comfortable working with SQL Server Integration Services.
Other responsibilities included in this roll will be -
* To be responsible for the design, implementation and support of the Firm ?s database environments. This will also include; the backup, maintenance and recovery of the Firm ?s database systems as well as closely monitor system performance on a daily basis
* To work closely with key stakeholders to ensure that data solutions meet business requirements for application, reporting and data warehousing purposes
* To work closely with the Business System and Service Delivery teams to enable support, train and project initiatives progress as required
* To provide 3rd line support for all SQL applications and other business applications as required
The SQL DBA / developer must be able to comprehend complex issues and pro-actively propose solutions. The working environment is very dynamic, requiring constant updating of knowledge in both the technical and procedural aspects of the job.
SQL DBA / Developer Job Summary -
* Fulltime - Normal working hours
* Salary ? £32,000 - £38,000 with excellent benefits
* Located in Cardiff
* Commutable from ? Cardiff, Newport, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Bristol
For more details please apply for an initial call back regarding the role / your experience.