Technical Governance Lead (TGL) role is to ensure Infrastructure Services provided by either Managed Service Providers or from Third Party Vendors are delivered as per the agreements in place, and remain robust, stable and performant throughout their respective Life Cycles.
Ensure day to day activities are undertaken and measured using key metrics and management:
• Work as part of one of UK's largest retailers Operations Infrastructure Team to deliver quality and reliable IT Infrastructure and related services to our business areas.
• Responsible for Governing a portfolio of Infrastructure Management services, ensuring:
o Quality of service and value from managed service providers
o Services meet the expectations of their customers across the IT group
• To be responsible for defining, reviewing and managing key metrics to control day-to-day performance and stability across the portfolio of Infrastructure Services
• Responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and ensuring they are implemented in a timely and controlled manner via Managed Service Providers and Third Party Vendors
• Responsible for Governing and Assuring Technical Change and Technical Proposals from Managed Service Providers and Third Party Vendors
• Responsible for Governing Life Cycle Management across Infrastructure Portfolio’s
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are crucial to success in this role.
• Provide Technical Governance and Assurance across Infrastructure Technologies, Suppliers and Vendors
Supplier and Vendor Management:
• Chair Infrastructure Operational Governance Meetings (IOGMs) for Vendors and Managed Service Providers.
• Deliver value for our IT group by driving quality, efficiency and cost effectiveness from all Infrastructure Management contracts
• Provide Governance for Technical Changes and Proposals
• Validate and ensure All Technical Metrics are being achieved
• Manage Suppliers and Vendors to ensure our Infrastructure remains Stable, Robust and Performant.
• Ensure Full Life Cycle Management is planned, managed and delivered across the Infrastructure Estate; with published and managed Roadmaps.
• Leverage key supplier relationships to sustain competitive advantage and manage ongoing relationships with existing suppliers.
• Identify area and solutions to introduce efficiencies of scale.
• Provide Key Inputs into Service Credits and Service Level Agreement Reviews
• Ensure that the service provided by vendors and managed service suppliers deliver against agreed SLAs or statements of work
• Identify and drive areas for service improvements in conjunction with the vendor or managed service supplier
• Ensure that relevant continual service improvement plans (CSIP) are in place, implemented and reviewed in regular service review meetings
• Review deliverables to ensure they meet Industry Standards, Best Practices and Guiding Principles
• Ensure that reporting is provided on a regular and defined basis with clear, concise and meaningful content
• Schedule weekly supplier meetings, track key issues, actions and consistent themes, driving out poor behaviours
• Resilience Accountability for Infrastructure Solutions
• Set appropriate direction within our group to ensure investments are made to Infrastructure Services that best support the requirements of the rest of our IT group
• Keep abreast of developments within the IT Industry and Retail market space to ensure that Infrastructure Services are kept in line with defined or emerging industry standards and only deviate for commercial benefit
• Ensure incumbent Infrastructure Services and future changes remain aligned to our Strategy and Architecture and Operations Architecture
• Govern Licence Entitlement and Compliance.
• Review delivery of service via consultation with the owners of incident, change and problem management processes.
• Ensure vendors and managed service suppliers provide the correct level of accountability and technical leadership across incidents, problems and changes
• Ensure that the vendor or managed service supplier keeps abreast with developments within the IT Industry and Retail market space to ensure that we are kept in line with defined or emerging industry standards and only deviate for commercial benefit.
Technical Skills / Systems Skills:
• SMS; SCOM; SCCM 2012; BMC Patrol; IBM Tivoli; Netcool;
• Disaster Recovery; Fail-Over