Within the financial services sector, working as part of a small, agile, multi-disciplined technical team as part of a multi-vendor managed services environment providing technical support and technical project services to a user base of 3000 located EU wide.
Based from both offices in London and at the client site in Paddington as required.
The position entails operational support of a range of new generation infrastructure services based on engineered systems (converged infrastructure), thin-client delivery (HBC and VDI) and extensive use of virtualisation technologies. Support services will include 2nd/3rd line ticket response as well as vendor and service provider escalations as necessary.
In addition to the support element, the team will also be responsible for the ongoing development of the new infrastructure components, to achieve the best value from the investment; this will include design, proof of concept, testing and delivery of new services and automation processes across the new technology estate.
• Providing 2nd/3rd Line Technical Support services against back-end infrastructure and platform services, via an automated helpdesk system delivered by a separate supplier who handles 1st Contact/1st Line support.
• Working with Architects and technology vendors to determine the most appropriate configurations and designs for the components in play. Working on collaborative solution design initiatives with other team resources and SME’s as required.
• Leveraging newly implemented toolsets (vRealize, UCS Director) to identify, design and deliver enhanced orchestration and automation capabilities around management and deployment to support common processes and standardisation of operations across the infrastructure.
• Defining and implementing an extensive monitoring capability using the provisioned toolsets to ensure high levels of responsiveness in the event of component failure or service degradation and the ability to gather long-haul usage and performance statistics in support of capacity and performance management reporting.
• Carrying out piloting/prototype activities to ensure correct function/integration of solutions prior to implementation into production. Working with the client’s business units to undertake functional and acceptance testing exercises for new capability releases.
• Creating documentation in support of design work, processes, procedures and change management. Working with Architects in the creation of architecture and design artefacts and associated supporting material.
• Undertaking delivery activities as part of specific project initiatives. Working as part of a matrix project delivery function bringing designs and initiatives into production using standard best practices.
• Reporting (automated or ad-hoc) system health through key indicators using either written outputs or dashboards using standard toolsets.
Infrastructure Skills by Product –
FlexPod Engineered Systems
Cisco UCS Chassis’ & Blades
Cisco Fabric Extenders
Cisco Fabric Interconnects (Nexus)
Cisco UCS Rackmount Servers
NetApp Filer (UCS/DOT)
Active Directory 2008R2+
SQL Server 2008+
Skype (for Business)
SKLM (Security Key Lifecycle Manager)