We are currently looking for a TQM Analyst with advanced Excel skills for a permanent vacancy based in Cardiff.
Scope and Purpose:
Responsible for the analysis of data, processes, tools and systems required for the Company's manufacturing activities. Evaluates the systems needs of staff and operating departments and recommends solutions to problems. Develops, tests, supports, and modifies application systems and database systems.
· Assist in introducing and developing a Total Quality Management infrastructure to the operating units.
· Assess and modify Control Pulpit recipes to optimise start-up performance and maintain performance for longer.
· Monitor production processes and work methods; and collect, compile, and analyse production data to identify opportunities to improve production processes.
· Accurately transcribe, type, format, and prepare a wide variety of material (for example reports, spreadsheets and presentations) using word processing, presentation, graphics and spreadsheet software.
· Perform standard technical calculations (for example, on time estimates, or equipment loads) and prepare standard operation sheets.
· Create Standard Report formats that can be easily updated with new data.
· Make appropriate calculations to accurately compile and report statistics.
· On a weekly and monthly basis update the Production information and create new Process Control Indicator Charts.
· Manage the documentation and standardisation of procedures that cover all aspects of the business activities.
· Perform administrative activities according to the organisations established procedures. These activities may include answering telephones, photocopying, filing operations.
· Code and sort documents so they can be accurately processed or filed.
Specification - Skills & Abilities Behavioural
· Build strong communication channels, listening to and responding to internal and external customer needs.
· Be proactive in using systems to ensure understanding of current and future customers expectations.
· Behaving in an open and helpful manner, sharing information and knowledge with other team members
· Working for compliance to up to date standards, delivering more than what is currently expected.
· Continuous review of cost and efficiency through a systematic approach.
· Continuously looking for ways to improve and increase value to company.
· Take on new ideas with enthusiasm, adapt very quickly to the new situation and react positively to changing requirements.
· Willing to gain the input and involvement of team members prior to altering any of the established processes - Essential
· Ability to make things happen and to achieve objectives - Essential
· Excellent motivational and team management skills - Essential
· Accuracy & clarity in both written/verbal communications - Essential
· Ability to think laterally and have a variety of approaches to problem solving - Essential
· Knowledge of problem solving tools (SCRAs, Quality Tools) - Essential
· Knowledge of process control tools (SPC-Statistical Process Control) - Essential
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel (particularly macros and VLOOKUPS) & Outlook - Essential
· Knowledge of the SAP system - Desired
· Exceptional Customer Service - Desired
· Experience of TQM, TPM/lean manufacturing environment
· Educated to at least high school leaving standard
· Engineering Degree - Desired
Successful applicants will be subject to pre interview online assessment tests.