We have an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Quantity Surveyor for one of the UK’s most dynamic award winning business delivering sustainable solutions for the design, building and maintenance of the UK’s transport infrastructure ensuring that the Processes operate efficiently within cost, productivity, Quality and Health, Safety and Environment targets.
When applying for this post, please note that Rowfant and Birmingham based posts are subject to change and the role may be site based.
• Assist in the preparation of all valuation to AAP in agreed timescales.
• Ensure all back up information is provided to AAP.
• Respond to queries from AAP in good time.
• Establish and nurture good working relationships with the commercial stream.
• Flag up areas of non-compliance by Operations.
• Flag up poor quality allocation sheets to site management at weekly cost value meetings.
• Assist the Divisional QS/Estimators with Tender input.
• Assist with other QS duties including Subcontract processing as & when required.
• Assistance of preparation of cost reports & budgets for AAP.
• Carrying out periodic measures and valuations on site.
• Assist with the preparation of Compensation Event items as the works proceed, for both invoice submission and internal reporting.
• Maintain records for audit.
• Liaise and maintain close and good lines of communication with other members of the team and business, to meet requirements and objectives.
• Interact with Estimating and Site Teams together with reports, advice and other information to the business as required.
• Representation for Divisional Quantity Surveyor where appropriate.
• To liaise well with all members of the Commercial and Operational teams to help maintain control and ensure that all projects/schemes are priced & valued in a timely and accurately (on a regular basis).
• Assist with the reviews reconciliation spread sheet for all tickets/Laying logs for each scheme and uses this information for providing Clients with substantiation.
• Assist in the logging and collation of Subcontract orders as directed by the Divisional Quantity Surveyor.
Skills & Qualifications required:
• Relevant GCSE and/or A-Levels - good standard English and Mathematics.
• Desirable - QS Qualification or the commitment to work towards a relevant QS.
• Candidate will be required to travel significantly around sites to carry out measures.
• Candidate will be expected to visit and attend meetings at the various projects.
• Good IT competency essential.