Underground Geotechnical Engineer
Our client is an ASX listed mining company that produces some of the worlds highest grade copper concentrates from operations in South Australia. The operations are both open pit and underground mines.
With a strong balance sheet, a team of highly skilled mining industry professionals and a commitment to Respect, Integrity, Action and Results, they are regarded as an Employer of Choice.
As part of their continued growth, they are looking for an Underground Geotechnical Engineer to join their project planning team.
Reporting to the Underground Planning Superintendent, you will be part of a small team to work on an exciting new underground mining project as part of a future expansion plan to support the existing underground and open pit operation. You will provide timely and professional geotechnical engineering services to the underground team. Working rosters are generally fly in / fly out (FIFO), with a typical working pattern being 8 days on / 6 days off.
This role requires a values based individual with a desire to deliver best practice outcomes with skills and personal attributes including:
· Engineering Degree majoring in Mining or Geotechnical Engineering or Science Degree with Geology / Earth Science Major.
· Previous experience in an underground geotechnical role with emphasis on geotechnical mapping, monitoring systems, ground support calculations / design and stability analysis.
· Good understanding of mining regulations and operating conditions, especially Occupational Health and Safety.
· Ability to establish a geotechnical management system for an underground operation.
· IT literate with emphasis on mining and geotechnical software (Vulcan, Rocscience, Deswik, Mine24D etc.) and Microsoft Suite of programs.
· Ability to collect quality data and interpret underground geotechnical mapping, monitoring and modeling data and produce associated reports.
· Well developed analytical and communication skills.
· Ability to function as a positive and proactive member of a team.
· AUD$120,000 (£80,400) - AUD$130,000 (£87,100)
· Relocation Assistance to include flights, Visas and orientation services
· Career Development opportunities