Underground Safety and Health Specialist
Our client is an ASX listed mining company that produces some of the worlds highest grade copper concentrates from operations in South Australia. The operations are both open pit and underground mines.
With a strong balance sheet, a team of highly skilled mining industry professionals and a commitment to Respect, Integrity, Action and Results, they are regarded as an Employer of Choice.
As part of their continued growth, they are looking for an Underground Safety and Health Specialist to join their team.
Reporting to the Underground Operations Superintendent, you will provide professional advice on the development and implementation of the Health and Safety Management System used in conjunction with the underground principal contractor.
You will be accountable for the development and implementation of safety & health initiatives across the Operation in conjunction with S&H Department and ensuring the safety and health of employees through the delivery of professional safety services and the promotion and implementation of a range of systems and support services
This role requires a values based individual with a desire to deliver best practice outcomes with skills and personal attributes including:
· Underground mining experience (essential)
· Tertiary qualifications in Health & Safety and/or Loss Prevention or Risk Management
· Extensive knowledge of relevant Health & Safety Systems and experience in implementing these successfully within an underground mining environment
· Proven ability to consult with operations staff to influence and get "buy - in" to own Health and Safety initiatives
· Highly developed communication skills, both oral and written
· Demonstrated ability to undertake audit activities
· AUD$110,000 (£73,700) - AUD$120,000 (£80,400)
· Relocation Assistance to include flights, Visas and orientation services
· Career Development opportunities