Underground Mine Technician
Our client is an ASX listed mining company that produces some of the worlds highest grade copper concentrates from operations in South Australia. The operations are both open pit and underground mines.
With a strong balance sheet, a team of highly skilled mining industry professionals and a commitment to Respect, Integrity, Action and Results, they are regarded as an Employer of Choice.
As part of their continued growth, they are looking for an Underground Mine Technician to join their team.
Reporting to the Underground Operations Superintendent, you will assist members of the Underground Technical Team with a range of duties, which include ventilation surveys, quality assurance testing, Geotechnical and Pastefill inspections. Working rosters are generally fly in / fly out (FIFO), with a typical working pattern being 8 days on / 6 days off.
To be considered for this role, you must be highly driven and a self-starter who can demonstrate the following criteria:
· Underground experience is essential.
· Ability to demonstrate a strong safety and continuous improvement focus.
· Knowledge of underground mining equipment and development or production activities is essential.
· Ability to set and maintain safety standards in an operational environment is essential.
· Current unrestricted drivers license is essential.
· Training in Underground Metalliferous Mining will be highly desirable.
· Strong continuous improvement focus and change management capabilities.
· Strong computer literacy especially with the MS Office suite of programs (Vulcan mine design software is highly desirable)
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
· Proven ability to develop strong working relationships with peers and supervisors.
· Ability to demonstrate a range of positive team behaviors to contribute to both technical output requirements and team morale.
· Motivated and self-directed approach combined with excellent time management and organisational abilities.
· Proven ability to operate a range of ancillary underground mining equipment.
· AUD$100,000 (£67,000) - AUD$110,000 (£73,700)
· Relocation Assistance to include flights, Visas and orientation services
· Career Development opportunities