Underground Planning Engineer (x2)
Our client is an ASX listed mining company that produces some of the worlds highest grade copper concentrates from operations in South Australia. The operations are both open pit and underground mines.
With a strong balance sheet, a team of highly skilled mining industry professionals and a commitment to Respect, Integrity, Action and Results, they are regarded as an Employer of Choice.
As part of their continued growth, they are looking for x2 Underground Planning Engineers to join their project planning team.
Reporting to the Underground Planning Superintendent, you will be part of a small team to work on an exciting new underground mining project as part of a future expansion plan to support the existing underground and open pit operation. You will assist with mine design and scheduling including:
· Conducting short term planning and scheduling to develop plans in the 1-12 month timeframe.
· Conduct planning optimisation studies as required.
· Maintaining the underground mine planning standards and process
· Updating all mine schedules and plans with stope production data to produce a 3 month rolling schedule.
· Providing input and advice for underground mining strategic purposes.
Working rosters are generally fly in / fly out (FIFO), with a typical working pattern being 8 days on / 6 days off.
This role requires a values based individual with a desire to deliver best practice outcomes with skills and personal attributes including:
· Tertiary qualified with an Engineering degree majoring in Mining Engineering.
· Proven experience in an underground mine design and construction/operations planning role.
· Understanding of mine ventilation; dewatering; drilling and blasting; and ground support techniques.
· Proficient in the use of 3D modeling software and database applications.
· Ability to develop excellent relationships with peers and internal/external customers.
· Ability to regularly meet tight deadlines and manage shifting priorities.
· AUD$120,000 (£80,400) - AUD$130,000 (£87,100)
· Relocation Assistance to include flights, Visas and orientation services
· Career Development opportunities