Underground Production Engineer (x2)
Our client is an ASX listed mining company that produces some of the worlds highest grade copper concentrates from operations in South Australia. The operations are both open pit and underground mines.
With a strong balance sheet, a team of highly skilled mining industry professionals and a commitment to Respect, Integrity, Action and Results, they are regarded as an Employer of Choice.
As part of their continued growth, they are looking for x2 Underground Production Engineers to join their team.
Reporting to the Underground Operations Superintendent, you will be part of a small team to work on an exciting new underground mining project as part of a future expansion plan to support the existing underground and open pit operation. You will provide input to the ore production activities of the underground mine including:
· Conducting production planning and scheduling to develop drill and blast plans for issue to the mining contractor.
· Conduct planning optimisation studies as required.
· Maintaining the underground mine planning standards and process
· Updating all mine schedules and plans with stope production data to produce a 3 month rolling schedule.
Working rosters are generally fly in / fly out (FIFO), with a typical working pattern being 8 days on / 6 days off.
This role requires a values based individual with a desire to deliver best practice outcomes with skills and personal attributes including:
· Tertiary qualified with an Engineering degree majoring in Mining Engineering.
· Previous experience in an underground drill and blast production or planning role.
· Understanding of mine ventilation; dewatering; drilling and blasting; and ground support techniques.
· Proficient in the use of 3D modeling software and database applications.
· Ability to develop excellent relationships with peers and internal/external customers.
· Ability to regularly meet tight deadlines and manage shifting priorities.
· AUD$120,000 (£80,400) - AUD$130,000 (£87,100)
· Relocation Assistance to include flights, Visas and orientation services
· Career Development opportunities