Underground Survey Technician
Our client is an ASX listed mining company that produces some of the worlds highest grade copper concentrates from operations in South Australia. The operations are both open pit and underground mines.
With a strong balance sheet, a team of highly skilled mining industry professionals and a commitment to Respect, Integrity, Action and Results, they are regarded as an Employer of Choice.
As part of their continued growth, they are looking for an Underground Survey Technician to join their team.
Reporting to the Underground Senior Mine Surveyor, you will assist with the preparation, set out of underground development and production instructions to the underground Mining Contractors; pick-up and record as-constructed mine openings, and contribute to monthly reporting of mining activities. In addition, you will provide direct support to the underground Technical Services team with accurate and timely updates to the mine plans and emergency plans. A training and development program in conjunction with a variety of work will enable the transition to an experienced underground Mine Surveyor.
You will also provide assistance to the various members of the underground Technical Services team when required; this work may include ventilation surveys, geotechnical and pastefill inspections and quality assurance activities in a range of mining processes.
These roles require values based individuals with skills and personal attributes including:
· Qualification in Surveying is essential.
· Previous experience in underground Surveying is essential.
· Proven ability to operate Leica Total Stations in an underground environment.
· Experience with Vulcan mine design software will be highly desirable.
· Proven ability to operate a range of ancillary underground mining equipment.
· Current unrestricted drivers license.
· Well-developed analytical and verbal and written communication skills.
· Proven ability to develop excellent relationships with peers and supervisors.
· Ability to demonstrate a range of positive team behaviors to contribute to both technical output requirements and team morale.
· Highly developed computer skills especially with MS Office including Excel, Word, Outlook and Access.
· Ability to demonstrate a strong safety and continuous improvement focus.
· Self-directed approach to work to ensure the achievement of individual, team and organisational goals.
· High level attention to detail in all aspects of work.
· Well-developed time management and organisational skills combined with the ability to meet the demands of a changing work environment and shifting priorities.
· AUD$100,000 (£67,000) - AUD$110,000 (£73,700)
· Relocation Assistance to include flights, Visas and orientation services
· Career Development opportunities
Further information and direct applications can be made through our partners at: http://www.joboppo.co.uk/hot/job/underground-survey-technician-australia-949.htm