Responsible for the overall management and operation of warehouse facility. To include the day to day running, including managing deliveries, maintaining the warehouse facility and updating storage inventory.
The progression and investment with the client provides a great opportunity to develop. The company will invest in training the individual in order to progress further within the organisation.
This role will encompass leading teams of furniture fitters in loading and unloading of furniture product, on individual client/project requirements. Maintaining a safe and quality warehouse.
• Accountable for daily deliveries (incoming and outgoing).
• Team management including handling team roster and completion of paperwork including H&S requirements.
• Maintaining forklift, pallet trucks, lifting equipment and other equipment on a weekly basis.
• Delivering a superior customer service level at all times.
• Organise and manage team workload and time in the warehouse effectively.
• Key holder responsibility.
Nature and Scope:
Working under the Senior Services Manager/Operation Directors’ guidance to successfully undertake all assigned daily tasks and duties while maintaining all necessary Health & Safety requirements. Good housekeeping and maintenance of all warehouse facilities. Update storage inventory and records.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
• Job involves manual labour
• Mechanically Minded
• Driven self-starting attitude
• Carpentry experience desired
• Full driving licence
• Fork lift licence/CPC/7.5T lorry licence (preferable)
• The right to work in UK
• Operational and Situational Awareness
• Reliable, well-mannered and hard-working
• Prepared to work flexible, long hours
• Good warehouse housekeeping
• Maintain/update records of storage inventory
• Ensure warehouse premises/assets are secure and maintained at all times
• Customer service oriented
• Following safety guidelines
• Initiative and accountability
• Analytical Thinking
• Good IT skills